Team Press Releases

Major changes on Camaro should lead to success after learning cycle in 2010 BRANTFORD, ONTARIO (December 23, 2010) – After some major changes to the Nielsen Motorsports Chevrolet Yenko Camaro SS Pro Mod in 2010, car driver and owner Mark Nielsen said the team should be ready with a vengeance when the Pro Modified Racing Association begins the 2011 season. Earlier this season, the team installed a screw blower on the ERD (Engine Research & Development) 526-cubic inch Brad Anderson (BAE) Supercharged Hemi engine of the G-Force Race Cars Camaro, and changed the traditional three-speed Lenco gearbox with a Bruno/Lenco torque convertor automatic set-up, a new combination for the team to learn. “We struggled with the combo,” said...
Beginning it 2011, Top Eliminator West will be renamed Pacific ProComp. "When I would talk to people about Top Eliminator West they would almost always say “that’s just like the old Pro Comp class that would run dragsters and funny cars together.” So after great consideration I will be changing the name to Pacific ProComp. I think that people will identify with the class more readily, because we do run any car (rear engine dragsters, front engine dragsters, funny cars, pro mods, alterds, Etc.) with any engine combination" explained association president Curtis Clevenger. In addition to the name, there will be other changes made in the off-season including raising the index to 6.60 and make it an all run class. "The index change...
One of the world leaders in spark plugs and related items is returning to both the Pro Modified Racing Association and the Quick 32 Sportsman Series in support of these two popular drag racing series. “We are grateful for the involvement of NGK Spark Plugs,” said Bruce Mehlenbacher, Director of Operations for both the Quick 32 Sportsman Series and the PMRA. “They produce an excellent product, and are renown for their commitment to auto racing.” NGK not only provides technical support for both race series, it also provides sponsorship for several PMRA and Quick 32 Sportsman Series teams. Started in Japan in 1936, NGK has established itself not only as a major supplier of new automobile spark plugs, oxygen sensors and ignition...
Mr. Horsepower and Danny Rowe, owner and driver of the Sterling Bridge 1967 Camaro Pro Modified are looking forward to 2011 with high expectations. Rowe, who closed out the 2010 Get Screened America NHRA Pro Mod Drag Racing Series season as No. 2 in the world, was a natural choice to be the Pro Mod representative of the iconic cigar chomping Mr. Horsepower woodpecker apparel brand. Rowe has cemented his status as the perennial front runner and championship contender, qualifying in the Top 5 at six of ten events this season, winning the O'Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Spring Nationals in Houston, as well as amassing numerous round wins. Danny Rowe and company are looking to build on their success in 2011, and are excited to have Mr...
Earlier this year, Frankie “Mad Man” Taylor could not have envisioned traveling abroad to race in the Middle East, but after setting the world record and winning the American Drag Racing League (ADRL) title this year in Pro Extreme, it was an easy decision for Frankie to keep his momentum moving forward by racing through the winter. It’s already been a memorable time through three of the eight races in the Arabian Drag Racing League at Qatar Racing Club (QRC) in Qatar. After setting two tracks records and advancing to one final, Taylor wrapped up his December with a win, going 3.63 at 210.41 miles per hour to beat Joshua Hernandez in the finals of Round Three. Taylor’s celebration was well-earned after beating a loaded field that...
Like any competitor, Rob Hunnicutt has often wondered what it would feel like to be the frontrunner and the person everyone else was chasing. Now that it’s happening, the Pro Extreme Motorcycle rider admits it feels quite amazing. After winning for the first time in his American Drag Racing League (ADRL) and Arabian Drag Racing League career last week, Hunnicutt followed it up with his second straight win, taking Round Three at Qatar Racing Club (QRC) on Friday. “I’ve never won this many round in probably five years of doing this,” Hunnicutt said. “This is like a dream come true. “It makes me speechless when I look at these two trophies. I’m almost in awe. It makes all the hard work and time and money worth it.” Hunnicutt is...
After what happened during the first two rounds, Shannon Jenkins would have gladly taken any good fortunes in Round Three of the Arabian Drag Racing League at Qatar Racing Club (QRC). Plenty came his way on Friday and Jenkins returned to a familiar perch – back on top in Pro Nitrous. Jenkins got plenty of luck, but he did his part and took advantage, winning Round Three in Qatar, returning home after the three-race stretch in December with much some much-needed momentum. “It’s great to finally get our first win of the season here at QRC,” Jenkins said. “My guys have done an outstanding job, and I’m very proud of them for their hard work and dedication to our team. I also can’t thank Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad Al Thani and the...
In the world of nostalgia drag racing, car nicknames are often times a common place among the competitors. From “Jungle Jim” to “Bullet Bob” and everything in between, car names can be anything from a reflection of the cars capabilities on the track to a random and sometimes off the wall nickname that stuck. But for some, a car nickname can be a direct reflection of the man sitting behind the wheel. And that is where “Mr. Explosive” Mark Sanders comes in. A relatively new face to the drag racing scene, Sanders has made quite a name for himself over the past few years as one of the most exciting men in drag racing. Drawing dozens of comparisons to famous straight-line racers such as John Force, Sanders has already taken...
For Steve Corriveau, 2010 was the right time to start racing in the Quick 32 Sportsman Series presented by NAPA Auto Parts. “I’ve always loved fast doorslammers,” said the driver of the 1967 Chevy II Top Sportsman entry. “I was trying to find the right time to get into this type of racing, but the Quick 32 Sportsman Series opened the door.” After racing for about 20 years, Corriveau toyed with a dragster to race in the series, but the opportunity came along to purchase the ex-Bruce Boland Pro Modified, and he set out to make the car a top runner in the Quick 32 Sportsman Series. Running a DSE1-built big-block Chevy engine, Corriveau won the Top Sportsman side during the series’ opener at the Cayuga Dragway of Toronto Motorsports...
Back