Top Eliminator West Renamed Pacific ProComp (1 Viewer)

Beginning it 2011, Top Eliminator West will be renamed Pacific ProComp. "When I would talk to people about Top Eliminator West they would almost always say “that’s just like the old Pro Comp class that would run dragsters and funny cars together.” So after great consideration I will be changing the name to Pacific ProComp. I think that people will identify with the class more readily, because we do run any car (rear engine dragsters, front engine dragsters, funny cars, pro mods, alterds, Etc.) with any engine combination" explained association president Curtis Clevenger.

In addition to the name, there will be other changes made in the off-season including raising the index to 6.60 and make it an all run class. "The index change will save parts, draw more cars and still be a crowd-pleasing show. There will be a bigger turn out of cars in the 6.60-6.90 range and more cars will show up to compete if they know that they are going to make first round. We will still make qualifying exciting with incentives for the top qualifier" Clevenger said.

Also, all electronics on the throttle after the car is launched and down track will not be permited except on engine timing. Everything else will remain the same with a heads up 4 tenths pro-tree. There will also be no limits on cubic inch, fuel, blowers or nitrous, chassis or body style.

# # #

Attachments

• jray%20car.jpg
    jray%20car.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 121
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back