Zmax Dragway Question?? (1 Viewer)

Mikey

Nitro Member
I don't know if anyone else has thought of this, but are they going to have 4 sets of scoreboards???? You obviously can't put them between the two sets of lanes. Unless it will be like the highway signs that go all the way across and the scoreboards will be hanging from them.....Just a thought.

Someone else brought that question up here. They didn't get an answer either if I remember right. Really, if you think about it, why would you need more than the regular two? You're never going to run four lanes at the same time anyway, are you? At least not for NHRA racing you're not. They've already informed track management that's out of the question.

Unless it will be like the highway signs that go all the way across and the scoreboards will be hanging from them.....Just a thought.

The Top Fuel crowd would have kittens over that one. Imagine having a high-speed blow-over like Dixon or Schumacher had at Memphis and getting tangled up in overhead signage whilst flying through the air at 300 mph...

I am actually surprised that tracks are still allowed to have the large scoreboards off the side of the track like they all do. Didn't a sportsman car go off a track within the past few years and hit one of those at speed, seriously injuring or killing the driver?

The Top Fuel crowd would have kittens over that one. Imagine having a high-speed blow-over like Dixon or Schumacher had at Memphis and getting tangled up in overhead signage whilst flying through the air at 300 mph...

You mean kind of like the Late Great JIMMY NIX at the Motorplex ???:(

I am actually surprised that tracks are still allowed to have the large scoreboards off the side of the track like they all do. Didn't a sportsman car go off a track within the past few years and hit one of those at speed, seriously injuring or killing the driver?

Before (late 80's)Atco had guardrails along the track, Walter Henry lost his life hitting the scoreboard in his Pro Mod.

Connie himself had a terrifying encounter with the Marathon Oil scoreboard at Indy in (I think) "70 or "71.
He was running Shirley's car as C.C., but helped his pal Pancho by driving his brand new backmotor car.
Hard to forget, my deal was in the other lane.

I also remember a P/S car at Dallas with the same result as Jimmy Nix, but can't remember when.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back