Zippy runs 4.84! (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

Not trying to offend anybody.But there is no Chrysler in those Chrysler motors.like there will be no Ford in those Ford motors.They are what they are,after market fuel motors with what ever name you want to put on them.

That was pretty much what I meant. They are just a piece of aluminium that has evolved from a Chrysler

I just want to know how Alan Johnson designs a new engine and it gets crushed and immediately outlawed by the NHRA. Pat austin designs a new engine and gets crushed, humiliated and degreaded by the NHRA, and the engine outlawed. Team Force designs a new engine and gets the red carpet roll-out. Does it fit into the current engine specs for top fuel. From my understanding, it does not. So now what?

I just want to know how Alan Johnson designs a new engine and it gets crushed and immediately outlawed by the NHRA. Pat austin designs a new engine and gets crushed, humiliated and degreaded by the NHRA, and the engine outlawed. Team Force designs a new engine and gets the red carpet roll-out. Does it fit into the current engine specs for top fuel. From my understanding, it does not. So now what?

They could not build the block they wanted, so they built a engine within the engine spec... is it a 426 clone, of course... minor differences, but everything is 'in house' as far as block and heads...

Do you think it might have something to do with having FORD behind them?

If Karl is right, then it is within the rules, and that is O.K.
When they were designing it, I heard a few things, and it was going to be much different than the "spec" engine. I didn't really do my homework between design and now. So there is a chance that it is legal. I could be dead wrong. I've been deal wrong before.

When they were designing it, I heard a few things, and it was going to be much different than the "spec" engine. I didn't really do my homework between design and now. So there is a chance that it is legal. I could be dead wrong. I've been deal wrong before.

they wanted to go a completely different way, but just as in the cases you sighted earlier, the NHRA wouldn't let them....said it wasnt fair to the teams that couldn't afford to overhaul there whole engine program, so now we have this design, which i think is more about just having Fords name on it

Didn't the Austins get the go ahead from NHRA ,and when it was almost done they got the- oh by the way you cant run that etc etc.

I think it was during the multi-part interview at Burk's site with Coil I read it.. JFR wanted to change the bore spacing, valve angles, Crank to cam centers... but kept getting shot down...

I would love to see what AJ, Coil, even BAE could come up with if they were allowed to get away from a 45 plus year old design...

but even 5 years ago, who'd have thought that teams would be building chassis, machining/designing blocks and heads, build complete cars from raw metal, All In House...

I'm waiting for someone to have the .... to build a wind tunnel in B-town...

d'kid

they wanted to go a completely different way, but just as in the cases you sighted earlier, the NHRA wouldn't let them....said it wasnt fair to the teams that couldn't afford to overhaul there whole engine program, so now we have this design, which i think is more about just having Fords name on it

And 85% was a great cost savings...?

With all the money the teams will be saving going back to 90% they should let them redesign the motors.

This isn't IROC.

And 85% was a great cost savings...?

With all the money the teams will be saving going back to 90% they should let them redesign the motors.

This isn't IROC.

i wasnt aware i was starting an argument about percentage :confused::confused:....all i did was say what JFR was told by NHRA

i wasnt aware i was starting an argument about percentage :confused::confused:....all i did was say what JFR was told by NHRA

Mike,
My apologies on the thread derailment. It wasn't directed at you, I was trying my best to point out that while NHRA is concerned about teams with tons of money having an advantage when it comes to moving beyond the "Hemi", they have made some decisions in the past that cost all teams more money and the teams with big backing had an advantage in those cases.

I personally think it would be great to have different manufacturers build their own Nitro power plants (Ford, Chevy, Toyota, etc..). They would get more marketing and advertisement for their investment and we'd have some pretty cool engines floating around. I saw somewhere that someone had made a 4 cyl Nitro motor (Toyota I believe) with twin turbos and such. It was pretty darn cool.

Where it seems the nitro cars make more power than they could ever hope to put to the ground, I really don't see it being an issue. Then again, I don't always see the whole picture - and I surely don't live in Glendora.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back