You are kidding....right? (1 Viewer)

Lately, my little voices tell me that drag racing is way to expensive for the return on investment and the money at the pro level comes from too few places. Anyone here think 8 car funny car fields made up from two teams is a good idea?

Mark

* His spending has been productive. He's won more and produced more winners than any other team I've ever seen.........
And along the way he has managed to sell an amazing amount of oil and other products. I guess he's done a fabulous job for his clients, they're still lining up to have him as the spokesperson for their products. But even John is not so blinded by the fortunes to know that it's not good for anyone involved if there are only half fields showing up on raceday. What's the point of any of them showing up if there is no one else to compete against?

Force may want to cut cost but does not welcome taking steps backwards has he has invested huge amounts of dollars into todays fuel racing technology.
He would be very upset if the rules changed to make the playing field fair/cheaper...and btw some of his guys share three to a room and are not allowed to speak to him on a first name basis for their first year.

He has done soo much for the sport but along the way squashed the little guys...Which I respect but be careful what you ask for--
Back in the 90's we used to give him a hard time saying he was buying win lights.
His cars rip and they better given the amount of $$$$$ he throws @ each car, so whenver a team like Densham/Wilkerson/Worsham/Pedregon/etc take any of those JFR cars out I cheer silently.

And I will say he is an excellent pilot w/ a fuel couple---

...His cars rip and they better given the amount of $$$$$ he throws @ each car, so whenver a team like Densham/Wilkerson/Worsham/Pedregon/etc take any of those JFR cars out I cheer silently.

And I will say he is an excellent pilot w/ a fuel couple---

Not to mention the fact that I'm betting he STILL helps Densham every chance he gets!

Well...this is my first post in a few years. I gotta say, I wonder where a lot of you so called "experts" get your information.

"And didn't he once sneer at Don Prudhomme and his purchase of an airplane? How much doubling up of poor worn out crewmen in a Quality Inn room is really going to pay for Neff's salary?

Hell, the real hero of the cost saving wars is Tim Wilkerson. Anyone catch his statement about no engine explosions or rod damage so far this season?"

Mark

That opening statement strikes me as funny. I worked for JFRI on the Syntec car from 2001-2006. Did we have a room-mate when on the road? Sure, can you blame a company for doubling up people, let's see, it only cuts your cost of housing employee's in HALF! Do you think he is the only person to do this? He pays for housing year around, not just on the road. I don't know of any other team owner that does that. Shoe sure as hell don't, neither does Bernstein. If you are at the shop, you pay for your own hotel or you have a house there. Simple as that. Some of the guys that work for Force have houses in Indy, but not all. And I bet you think that the crew chiefs all have pent house suites on the road too? Nope. They have room mates also. If it was that big a deal, don't you think they would be raising hell? Somebody later said that they have 3 to a room. What kinda crack are you smokin? The only time that has happened. that I can recall, is if there was a new employee added and he fell thru the cracks and did not have a room. But only for one weekend, it was fixed for the next. Oh, and "poor, wore out crew men..." I did it for 6 YEARS. Don't ya think if I thought I was being mistreated I would have walked? How bout the other guys that continue on there? You don't hear them complaining all the time, do you? The ones you do hear complaining are the ones who no longer work there and probably left under less than ideal terms. There are always gonna be people who gotta throw the top dog under the bus. If you don't like Force, fine, nobody is making you. But I can tell you this. The man is fair, he is caring, and he is far and away the best driver in Funny Car.
Oh, and BTW...also BS about first year guys not being able to call him by his first name. (Where do people come up with this stuff?)

I also like Wilk as much as the next guy. Hell of a driver, and a hell of a nice guy. But, he has really surprised me with how well he is performing. Must have stumbled on a good batch of clutch discs. Don't think he'll have enough to go till the end of the year though...

It just kills you guys to imagine that a little guy can get up on the mighty John Force circus. It might not last forever, but I sure as hell enjoy it now. Maybe JFR can hire Wilk as the driver of the fifth car and discover what his secret is.

Mark

Thanks for setting the record straight from the inside out Bross. There always seems to be enough sour grapes to go around when speaking of the Boss.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back