You are kidding....right? (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
Anyone else out there get a HUGE belly laugh at Force's comments on reducing costs in racing. Isn't he the guy who brought the sports such cost saving innovations as:
-multiple team cars
-multiple crew chiefs be car
-team PR employees
-a "technology" trailer
-an aerodynamics employee
-proprietary race car bodies
-in house machining capable of building their own hard parts
-and sadly, instead of NHRA stepping up, building a safety R and D center
-and on and on and on.

And didn't he once sneer at Don Prudhomme and his purchase of an airplane? How much doubling up of poor worn out crewmen in a Quality Inn room is really going to pay for Neff's salary?

Hell, the real hero of the cost saving wars is Tim Wilkerson. Anyone catch his statement about no engine explosions or rod damage so far this season?

Mark

Anyone else out there get a HUGE belly laugh at Force's comments on reducing costs in racing. Isn't he the guy who brought the sports such cost saving innovations as:
-multiple team cars
-multiple crew chiefs be car
-team PR employees
-a "technology" trailer
-an aerodynamics employee
-proprietary race car bodies
-in house machining capable of building their own hard parts
-and sadly, instead of NHRA stepping up, building a safety R and D center
-and on and on and on.

And didn't he once sneer at Don Prudhomme and his purchase of an airplane? How much doubling up of poor worn out crewmen in a Quality Inn room is really going to pay for Neff's salary?

Mark

I got a chuckle out of that. I've often said they are drunk with money over there.....I wonder if they have any gold plated tools.

Maybe the ladies will have to cut back on the shopping on Rodeo Drive.

Some good points.

However he did what he needed to do to stay ahead.

As far as the comment about Prudhomme's plane, he was referring to all the complaining concerning his domination of the class several years back.

He, as a smart businessman was reinvesting in his livelihood to become and stay a winner, while a lot of the other team owners were buying themselves toys.

Now.............would you care to comment how what he has spent to make the sport safer over the last year??????

Or is that not negative enough for ya'?:cool:

REX

Oh most certainly not.

...but I would've thought they would've taken a look at cutting cost a long time ago.

Who would go first.

Shoe??????? LOL

It's a arms race out there, with I guess two or three superpowers.

Someone has to go first, who will it be?

I'm self employed, and I got the best stuff I can afford to keep ahead of my competitors.

It's a business, and I wanna' be the big dog.

I want ALL of it. I will spend a competitor into the dirt. My tools are worth more than my house:eek:

I can't have "ALL", alas, but I sure try like hell:D

REX

Rex, got the little voices talkin' to ya again?

I think everyone agrees that money spent on safety is well spent, but when your business plan is to absolutely overwhelm your competitors with resources, THEN you stand up and tell your racing world that they need to cut back.... That gentleman may have taken drag racing into the 2ith century, but he also infected a lot of the indigenous with something fatal to the way they always raced. Good? Bad? you decide.

Again, I cite Tim Wilkerson if you are looking for a model of how to race efficiently.

Mark

Rex, got the little voices talkin' to ya again?

I think everyone agrees that money spent on safety is well spent, but when your business plan is to absolutely overwhelm your competitors with resources, THEN you stand up and tell your racing world that they need to cut back.... That gentleman may have taken drag racing into the 2ith century, but he also infected a lot of the indigenous with something fatal to the way they always raced. Good? Bad? you decide.

Again, I cite Tim Wilkerson if you are looking for a model of how to race efficiently.

Mark

I'll refrain from snide comments.:)

If I had the same passion, I would do exactly the same. Win at all cost.

Maybe force has had a epiphany, he did last year about many things, so he cannot change his thinking now?

Seems you have wood for the pros anyway, saw it in another post. called sour grapes.

Glad I won't eat them:D

I digress.

I buy the tools I need to do the jobs that others cannot because they do not own what I own.

It would be nice if I had 100% of my market.

I do not care about efficiency, I only need to make more than I spend.

Simple business plan, has worked for 24 years so far.;)

REX

I didn't hear what was said, but I do agree with the origin of cost escalation referenced in the OP. :)

BTW, Wilk is using Snake's blower dyno and other resources.

Come on guys, is John Force perfect? He'll be the first to say "He!! No!" Has he said things that may have rubbed others wrong? He'll be the first to say "He!! Yes!"
I'll choose to focus on the facts that are clearly in front of us week in and week out.
* He's done more for the safety of this sport in recent years with his own resources than the sanctioning body itself.
* He unfailingly speaks great things about all his competitors. Win or lose he has complimentary comments for all others. That's a characteristic we could all learn from
* His spending has been productive. He's won more and produced more winners than any other team I've ever seen.
* His fans are so dedicated and plentiful that it's impossible to denounce his impact on this sport.
* Lastly, although this could go on for pages, I'll say he's proven himself to be one of the toughest, strongest, most resilient and most dedicated drag racers I've ever seen. I must qualify this last remark inasmuch as I've only been watching since 1964 however.

Given this, I'd give him a bit of latitude.

Come on guys, is John Force perfect? He'll be the first to say "He!! No!" Has he said things that may have rubbed others wrong? He'll be the first to say "He!! Yes!"
I'll choose to focus on the facts that are clearly in front of us week in and week out.
* He's done more for the safety of this sport in recent years with his own resources than the sanctioning body itself.
* He unfailingly speaks great things about all his competitors. Win or lose he has complimentary comments for all others. That's a characteristic we could all learn from
* His spending has been productive. He's won more and produced more winners than any other team I've ever seen.
* His fans are so dedicated and plentiful that it's impossible to denounce his impact on this sport.
* Lastly, although this could go on for pages, I'll say he's proven himself to be one of the toughest, strongest, most resilient and most dedicated drag racers I've ever seen. I must qualify this last remark inasmuch as I've only been watching since 1964 however.

Given this, I'd give him a bit of latitude.

Well said Bobby, and as far as your last comment, yeah, what would YOU know?;):D

REX

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back