Would anyone be interested? (1 Viewer)

Gordon

Nitro Member
I've been considering writing a blog here on the 'mater, but I don't want to work on it if nobody's going to be interested.

My life generally consists of underway periods on west coast aircraft carriers, trips all over the country training and educating young sailors about carrier air traffic control, attending meetings dicussing future platforms and equipment requirements for aircraft carriers and volunteering on Chuck Beal's Nitro Funny Car team.

Anybody wanna read about any of that? Be honest, I can take it.

Well Senior...

Like you had to ask me?

I have no clue what happens in the "Brown Shoe" navy... would it be easier to start by explaining what 'the mangler' does for a living, and go on from there? LSO? The BOSS, The classes you have to take if you're going to be in a bird 'Feet Wet'...

Well Duh:D
I.R. a EO, I drive Bulldozer...

d'kid

I've been considering writing a blog here on the 'mater, but I don't want to work on it if nobody's going to be interested.

My life generally consists of underway periods on west coast aircraft carriers, trips all over the country training and educating young sailors about carrier air traffic control, attending meetings dicussing future platforms and equipment requirements for aircraft carriers and volunteering on Chuck Beal's Nitro Funny Car team.

Anybody wanna read about any of that? Be honest, I can take it.

Yeah

I for one would gladly read your blog.

Even though I'm wrapped up in the exciting:rolleyes: world of heating and venting systems/masonry

I love military stuff.

REX

I certainly would as long as you include lots of stuff about that hottie, Brandon Welch!!!:D

You guys knew that was coming!!!:p

i read all the blogs so i also say blog on!!

and if you do decide to blog....make sure you go into settings and make it viewable for everyone or else most people will be restricted....i had that problem with mine

Last edited:
i read all the blogs so i also say blog on!!

and if you do decide to blog....make sure you go into settings and make it viewable for everyone or else most people will be restricted....i had that problem with mine

Mike that's probably really not an issue with your blog. Nobody wants to read it anyway. ;):p:D

(OK I admit I enjoyed Mike's blog :rolleyes:)

I'm always interested in things military, especially anything that has to do with aviation.

In '04, I spent some time in San Diego testing company machinery on the Abe Lincoln and Ronald Reagan while they were in port. (That was the year the F-18 went into the harbor while landing at the navel air base. What ever became of that? Did the brakes fail as the pilot said they did? That happened the day before we left.) Not many people get to do that, and I had a ball.

In other words, yes, I'd read your blog.

Last winter I was in Socal for the Winternationals. While I was there I went down to San Diego and toured the USS Midway. That was the first time I ever set foot on a US carrier. That was pretty cool!!! I also toured the March Field air museum and was finally able to see a B-29 in person. (I'm a military equipment junkie... ships, submarines and airplanes)

Hell yeah, I would read it!! :)

Blog on Gordon, it's a neat way to share a bit of your life with us. The best advise I can give you is to have fun with it. Do it for you and don't worry about what other people think.

Well Senior,

Looks like the crew here wants to sit around listening to you spin some yarns while enjoying some sliders and autodog...

Did I ever tell ya bout the time in Subic....

My friends machine shop makes all the titanium tail hooks. Do they still have the tail hook convention in Vegas? If so you should go and report back if you live through it.;)

My friends machine shop makes all the titanium tail hooks. Do they still have the tail hook convention in Vegas? If so you should go and report back if you live through it.;)

Yes they do. In fact, they just held it a couple weeks ago... but us enlisted scum aren't invited. That's ok though, we have an annual ATC Symposium that's every bit as fun & I attend that every year!

I posted a comment on your blog, but in case y'all miss it, my Uncle was a Rear Admiral on the Shangrila in WWII and he took out a Japanese transport ship, an aircraft carrier and led a major airstrike in Tokyo. I just love the Navy! He was a great storyteller just like Gordon!!! be sure and check out Gordon's blog.

Here is the link to the Arlington Cemetery Obituary for my "Uncle Ham & Eggs"!!! Graham Tahler, Rear Admiral, United States Navy

Suzie

Suzie,
Just read the Obituary on your Uncle...
I'm very Impressed...

d'kid

We had the best time with him. His stories about all the "Manly" things that they did in the Navy were great! He had a huge heart and a fantastic sense of humor. Thanks for checking it out.

Thanks Susie .
Those WW2 Vets are leaving us in greater numbers now with very few left.
They deserve all the respect we can muster and we should all " Never Forget " those who fought and those who paid the full price.
We can all thank God so many young people feel and recognize the calling our uncles and great grandfathers felt which took us through other trials that threatned our liberties.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back