Worst and Best Tracks (1 Viewer)

What about Bandimere?
My wife and I are going there in July for the Mile Highs. I've always heard how fan-friendly that facility is, and I really hope it lives up to that reputation.

Looks like Norwalk will be next on my list. Loved Indy and Vegas. Maple Grove is my home track so I am partial but it doesn't compare to a Vegas/Charlotte nor should it be. Bigger isn't always better ;)

Looks like Norwalk will be next on my list. Loved Indy and Vegas. Maple Grove is my home track so I am partial but it doesn't compare to a Vegas/Charlotte nor should it be. Bigger isn't always better ;)

You are right, bigger is not always better. But there is no way part of the Pros and all of the Sportsman should have to park in the mud. Outside of the setting the mud makes Maple Grove as bad as anything NHRA owns. Plus it has the worst food of any track.

Here is an interesting twist on best and worse tracks....we match race at small tracks throughout the Midwest...our driver and crew guys always rate the starting line prep, pit area, return road, staging lanes, etc...and my wife Peggy always comments on the bathrooms...she has her favorite and least favorite tracks based on the cleanliness and condition of the bathrooms....so I might publish an article in Nitro Madness Magazine someday rating race track bathroom facilities...from the girls' point of view...just don't wanna offend any tracks with negative comments...so I'm not sure how to proceed with the article...

Here is an interesting twist on best and worse tracks....we match race at small tracks throughout the Midwest...our driver and crew guys always rate the starting line prep, pit area, return road, staging lanes, etc...and my wife Peggy always comments on the bathrooms...she has her favorite and least favorite tracks based on the cleanliness and condition of the bathrooms....so I might publish an article in Nitro Madness Magazine someday rating race track bathroom facilities...from the girls' point of view...just don't wanna offend any tracks with negative comments...so I'm not sure how to proceed with the article...

List the best, hint at the worst so those in the know will understand. Nothing like an article with constructive criticism to nudge a business in the right direction. I remember some Jon Asher articles back in the day calling out certain tracks for safety issues where he hinted at what tracks he was talking about.

I like vegas and pomona, like vegas especially cause parking is free
My least favorite would be Phoenix

I've been to most of them andThe worst tracks are pretty much any track owned by the NHRA, Atlanta, columbus, etc. The best? Any track owned by bruton smith. Denver is right up there with the best.

pat

I've only been to 2 tracks that held NHRA national events, that being Columbus and Norwalk. Columbus wasn't that great. Rickity grand stands, poor restrooms and the concessions we're that great. The track itself crossed an old country road near the sand trap. Also, getting in there was always a pain. Traffic would be backed up clear to the interstate highway. I don't miss Columbus.

Norwalk is a different story. There's always something to do, even when the races aren't going on. Great food, great facilities and the grand stands are awesome. The higher up you are, the better the view of the track. Our seats are about 2/3's of the way up, at the tree, and we can almost see the sand trap from there. Also, the headers on the nitro cars are pointed straight up at us, for full effect. :D:D:D:D There are BBQ pits everywhere and of course the awesome ice cream. It would be a great place to hang out, even if they didn't have races. Can't wait to be there again this July.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back