WORSHAM ROCKETS TO THE No. 5 SPOT (1 Viewer)

WORSHAM ROCKETS TO THE No. 5 SPOT

Del Worsham, who has a history of running very well at Infineon Raceway, continued to build on that legacy on Friday, as he put a strong 4.774 on the board during the Friday night "hero session." Worsham's run was good enough for the No. 5 spot in what looks like a very stout field, and his top-end speed of 322.04 mph was also 5th fastest. Coincidentally, Worsham was also No. 5 after the afternoon session, with a 4.972, during a session in which only one car ran quicker than 4.95.

"It wasn't perfect, but it was a real nice run, " Worsham said, referring to his Friday night run under the Infineon lights. "It was hunting for the center line pretty hard, and I jerked it back twice but I was still right over there. I was a little scared of getting on the line or nicking a timing block, so even with the good E.T. and the big speed, I think I might have clicked it just a little early. But, all in all, that's the sort of thing we're looking for, and this is a track where we tend to find it. A nice clean lap, the car sounds great, nothing goes boom, and it even shuts off without hurting itself, so I'm very happy with that. We'll see what tomorrow brings, and we'll just try to be right there in the middle of the top-half compared to what everyone else is running."

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back