Worsham Plans To Deliver A Strike In Pomona (1 Viewer)

POMONA, Calif. (Feb. 12, 2013) - Del Worsham, a 43-year old resident of Chino Hills, Calif., is returning to class that started his NHRA career, as he is the new driver of the DHL Toyota Camry Funny Car. Worsham’s quest for his first Funny Car championship title begins this weekend with the 53rd annual running of the famed Winternationals in Pomona, Calif., to start the 2013 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Season.

Worsham began his career in Pomona in the fall of 1990, and has gone on to secure 33 career wins, including 25 in the ultra-competitive Funny Car class. After clinching the 2011 Top Fuel NHRA World Championship, the popular Worsham retired from driving and took to leading the crew of fellow Kalitta Motorsports driver Alexis DeJoria. However, this season Worsham is back in the seat and could not be more thrilled for the opportunity.

"I am looking forward to starting the 2013 season. I am very excited to be driving for Connie Kalitta, DHL, Toyota and the entire Kalitta Motorsports organization,” said Worsham. “Pomona is my home race and to start driving Funny Car again in front of my family, friends and sponsors will be cool. Pomona is a very fast track that can hold national record times and I think our DHL Toyota Camry is ready for the challenge."

Del’s last drive in Pomona led to a win in the fall of 2011 as he clinched his Top Fuel title by picking up the Wally trophy in the AAA NHRA Finals.

Forever the fan favorite, Worsham along with the Kalitta Motorsports team (Alexis DeJoria, Doug Kalitta and David Grubnic) will be doing a Tequila Patron bottle signing and autograph session at the Finish Line Bar & Grill onsite at the Auto Club Raceway of Pomona following the nitro qualifying. If you are planning on attending the Winternationals, please make plans to attend this great meet and greet opportunity.

More...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back