Wj #1 (1 Viewer)

chop

Nitro Member
WJ laid down a .71 to get the #1 spot away from Jeggie. He also ran over 206,I think he's got it figured out.:) Tomorrow is another day,hope he can hold on.:rolleyes:

I hope WJ gets it done!! Might have to run 6.20's if he keeps up the last couple reaction times.

I hope WJ gets it done!! Might have to run 6.20's if he keeps up the last couple reaction times.

It's called getting the breaks.In Topeka, WJ had a .045 RT and Krisher had a .049 RT in rd 1. Krisher got away with it and won the race,WJ didn't,P/S is brutal. If you saw the race,WJ was all over his lane and still almost ran him down. As a matter of fact,that run by WJ looked just like Koretsky's run where he lost it,WJ didn't. No knock on Kenny,just an observation.

that old man needs out of the car get someone in that can drive

Do you always disrespect your elders? who says he's not having fun doing what he's doing. He drives very well,it's the .000 lites thrown @ him that's hard to overcome. "That old man" happens to be the winningest P/S racer of all time,how's that for drivin?

Don't hold anything back, Steven. Maybe you could take a little more time to think of something worthwhile to say.

That's not an opinion..that's just a slam. Or maybe swing by WJ's pit and make that suggestion to him in person. Nobody is more aware of his driving than he is..ok..well maybe you are I guess.

It is great to see WJ in "classic" form. This is the WJ I remember back in the late 90's and early 00's. I hope he can take home the Wally on Sunday.

Isn't it refreshing to have someone with a complete perspective into the Pro Stock ranks come here to help us out? Hey! This reminds me. Steve do you have a picture of that room full of Pro Stock Wallys you've won. I seem to have misplaced my copy.

Either root for him or slap him. Why combine the two? I suspect your reaction times in your 60s will even drop off a bit, don't you?

Point is, GM Performance Parts still thinks he's worth keeping at the forefront and they are who matters most as I understand it.

although i have to sadly admit W.J might not be the best on the tree, but his driving is incredible, did you see W.J in topeka whe he was totally out of the groove in the 2nd half of the track and reel it back in. i was amazed! i think almost anyone else would have rolled that car. that was an incredible driving job, that man has taken more squirts down the quarter mile than all of us on here have drivin miles.

Another thing,there's a BIG difference between a driver and a leaver. WJ hands down can go from A to B as good or better than most. So before you go making off the wall comments,you should really look @ the BIG picture.

Another thing,there's a BIG difference between a driver and a leaver. WJ hands down can go from A to B as good or better than most. So before you go making off the wall comments,you should really look @ the BIG picture.

I'd probably go farther than that. Over years of watching Pro Stock, I am convinced there is no one even close to Warren's ability to drive his car under any conditions. I've seen him complete runs that everyone else in the pits would have had to abort.

I also noticed from the incremental times that he's not exactly killing the front half of the track. I'm getting deja vu here, remembering WJ running his opponent down in the last 300 feet. I'm not sure there's a worse feeling as you watch your car's lead disappear when it counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Ennis

Isn't it refreshing to have someone with a complete perspective into the Pro Stock ranks come here to help us out? Hey! This reminds me. Steve do you have a picture of that room full of Pro Stock Wallys you've won. I seem to have misplaced my copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Weaver

Either root for him or slap him. Why combine the two? I suspect your reaction times in your 60s will even drop off a bit, don't you?

Point is, GM Performance Parts still thinks he's worth keeping at the forefront and they are who matters most as I understand it
I think you two just got Bobby Millerefied or something.

Man, if he can move a little of that huge top end he has into ET, he could be a world beater again.

The Anderson bunch still appear to be in test mode as their top speed, usually the bar everyone aims for, is not very impressive. He has what appears to be the slipperiest car. That in-car shot of GA getting ran away from was very telling. I gotta think they are working through a new concept and are taking their lumps now. Maybe they have gotten all they can out of testing on the 1/8 mile.

If Yates can finesse his engine builder into focusing on a team or project for longer than three races, he may well be the dark horse this season. You can't dispute they have excellent software and now maybe the hardware is catching up.

Mark

The Anderson bunch still appear to be in test mode as their top speed, usually the bar everyone aims for, is not very impressive. He has what appears to be the slipperiest car. That in-car shot of GA getting ran away from was very telling. I gotta think they are working through a new concept and are taking their lumps now. Maybe they have gotten all they can out of testing on the 1/8 mile.

That's an interesting observation. I remember Greg saying last year that he realized too late how the countdown needed to be handled.

Then again, just like it always happens in Pro Stock maybe others have found advances of their own.

It's going to be an interesting year for sure. Let's just hope there's no shortage of racing fuel. :rolleyes:

. . . Might have to run 6.20's if he keeps up the last couple reaction times.

Seems WJs last couple of reaction times today were quicker than everybody he raced today with the exception of his loss to KJ?

p.s. He out ran them each too.
KJ outran every car in the entire field every round on his way to victory.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back