With All The Beautiful Young Ladies We Have........ (1 Viewer)

NitroRichFire

Nitro Member
What I can not understand is, with all the beautiful young ladies we have in our great sport of drag racing. Why haven't one of these make up companies like ( hold on a second, I've got to ask my wife the names of these companies). Ok I'm back, just got an education on make up companies, they are really called Cosmetics Companies. Companies like Dior, Estee Lauder, Revlon, Mary Kay, L'Oreal, CoverGirl, Elizabeth Arden, Maybelline, and Helena Rubinstein to name a few my wife could think of off the top of her head. Why haven't one or two of these companies landed a sponsorship deal with 1 or 2 of the beautiful young ladies we have in NHRA drag racing? Lets look at Melanie, right now as far as we know, she does not have a sponsor for 2012, so why not go to one or two of these companies and show them what NHRA drag racing has to offer them? Just my 2 cents!

I would think that make up doesn't appeal to many fans in drag racing. Lol just my 2¢.

These companies are not marketing to the drivers, they are marketing to the fans & people watching the show on TV. Often, sponsors products have very little to do with the driver & vice versa. Drivers & Owners could probably care less who sponsors them..just as long as those checks roll in.

The conventional opinion in boat-racing is that there are no companies that have not been contacted. I suspect the same concept applies in drag racing.

What I can not understand is, with all the beautiful young ladies we have in our great sport of drag racing. Why haven't one of these make up companies like ( hold on a second, I've got to ask my wife the names of these companies). Ok I'm back, just got an education on make up companies, they are really called Cosmetics Companies. Companies like Dior, Estee Lauder, Revlon, Mary Kay, L'Oreal, CoverGirl, Elizabeth Arden, Maybelline, and Helena Rubinstein to name a few my wife could think of off the top of her head. Why haven't one or two of these companies landed a sponsorship deal with 1 or 2 of the beautiful young ladies we have in NHRA drag racing? Lets look at Melanie, right now as far as we know, she does not have a sponsor for 2012, so why not go to one or two of these companies and show them what NHRA drag racing has to offer them? Just my 2 cents!

Good idea. Our sport has been so male dominated, both from a participant and fan perspective, that this may not have worked in the past. But, we have seen more involvement from females.
While watching TV, we have all seen commercials about long lasting makeup or whatever, right? How about something that can be around the car, then go 300mph and still look great?

The conventional opinion in boat-racing is that there are no companies that have not been contacted. I suspect the same concept applies in drag racing.

That may be true, However companies change PR companies as often as drivers change cars. Just because they said no to team X doesn't mean team B can't get sponsored. You just have to have something THEY want. I repeat something THEY want!!

Not what you want. Just my .02

I would think Alexis Dejoria would be the person to ask why they don't advertise more products for the female audience, As most of you know her dad owns both Patron and Paul Mitchel hair care products. Paul Mitchel Co. is a giant in that industry but I don't remember seeing there name anywhere on the racecar, I would think if John Paul is going to foot the bill on her car he would have both of his companys displayed in some manner on it. I'm sure he has his reasons for not doing it.

Hmmm-dunno if this is a good idea--or a backfire. My wife (who enjoys drag racing + knows most of the players) comments on Erica Enders: " Is she the one with the big silly hoop earrings? How you get a helmet off + on with those?"
There are women that would make good spokes--persons? although I dont think Melane is one for a make up company. She did girly up real nice at the awards a couple of years back (Just ask Brandon ;) ) She's sexy in a fire suit with greasy hands. :)

I would not go with the thinking of all the woman involved in Nascar, IRL, NHRA, whatever else why has it not been tried. I have a very hard time thinking that it's never been tried, i think there have been rejection letters. Forget about the woman you know who may be into a motorsport, look at the big huge american piece of the pie, A majority of woman are not even gonna blink an eye with motorsports. My conclusion is the little sliver of a pie piece that it would attract and market is just not worth it. I believe Ben Marshall back in 04 (somewhere around the time) was driving for kalitta and had the strivecktin (not spelled right) sd car, I think that pretty much sums up beauty products and drag racing. It was like 2-4 races.

I would think Alexis Dejoria would be the person to ask why they don't advertise more products for the female audience, As most of you know her dad owns both Patron and Paul Mitchel hair care products. Paul Mitchel Co. is a giant in that industry but I don't remember seeing there name anywhere on the racecar, I would think if John Paul is going to foot the bill on her car he would have both of his companys displayed in some manner on it. I'm sure he has his reasons for not doing it.

well said. I agree completely, it's not the market and for the little segment that it could attact, it's just not worth the effort, but this is a different deal, it's his money anyway, putting that on the car is of no expense, but he's not the sole owner of the company which could be why unlike Patron

I believe Ben Marshall back in 04 (somewhere around the time) was driving for kalitta and had the strivecktin (not spelled right) sd car, I think that pretty much sums up beauty products and drag racing. It was like 2-4 races.

David Grubnic ran the Strivectin SD car for an entire season.... maybe longer.

Since 80% of the Drag racing Core audience is Male, is it a Suprise you see Napa, Castrol, Matco, and other Car sponsors out there? You can bet if the female audience was more prevalent, we would see more female product representation out there!

In the 70s, English Leather was big....I'd think an equivilant might be AXE for Men, or...??? Not sure about the female side of things.

If anyone tuned (is that the right word?) into the NHRA interactive during the season, you might have noticed that a lot of the ads that were sold were of the Macy's variety, with Martha Stewart and various other so-called celebrities. What demographic were they going for? Perhaps they thought our wives, girlfriends, etc., were sitting beside us while on the computer. Or... just giving us ideas as to where to shop (as if we didn't know)! Might be that it's just a matter of time before these non-traditional sponsors come on board. Oh, as an aside, the guy writing a book on drag racing doesn't seem to remember much of its history.

If anyone tuned (is that the right word?) into the NHRA interactive during the season, you might have noticed that a lot of the ads that were sold were of the Macy's variety, with Martha Stewart and various other so-called celebrities. What demographic were they going for? Perhaps they thought our wives, girlfriends, etc., were sitting beside us while on the computer. Or... just giving us ideas as to where to shop (as if we didn't know)! Might be that it's just a matter of time before these non-traditional sponsors come on board. Oh, as an aside, the guy writing a book on drag racing doesn't seem to remember much of its history.

Excuse me Mr. Expert that you are with the sport, but my book is not about this. It means nothing if I forgot exactly who drove a car with what sponsorship when. I'll leave that book for you. For you to take a jab at me over this is uncalled for cause was this a significant moment in NHRA history? Maybe this should of been # 1 on the top 60 list. Let's submit it for a possible re-examination. I even said I think, was I posting a fact?

Last edited:
One of the things that could be part of this equation is liability insurance , you have to remeber its not just the sponsor maoney going to the car that costs, its also along with the liability involved also , you know if car x sponosred by brand xo blows up any people get injured guess who is involved in lawsuit , the sponsors ! Becuse when said owners policies get maxed they go after the sponsors and most compnaies do not want there name brought in lawsuits or black eyes !

One of the things that could be part of this equation is liability insurance , you have to remeber its not just the sponsor maoney going to the car that costs, its also along with the liability involved also , you know if car x sponosred by brand xo blows up any people get injured guess who is involved in lawsuit , the sponsors ! Becuse when said owners policies get maxed they go after the sponsors and most compnaies do not want there name brought in lawsuits or black eyes !

I 80% agree with you but I would think alot of time with our sport it's more the pricetag to primary sponsor vs. how marketable the endeavor with the NHRA really is.

Yrs truly wouldn't discount the Paul Mitchell name appearing on the Patron car eventually.

Don't forget the John Paul Pet care line.

There's a local Nitro Rent Me To Keep My License Current car that's such a DOG it would be , although embarassing to the the De Jorias, a NATURAL!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back