Winters Racing returns to Farmington for EOPM Event (1 Viewer)

(Kernersville, NC) - Doug Winters and the Winters Racing Team will head to Farmington Dragway this Saturday, June 25th, to compete in the Extreme Outlaw Pro Mod (EOPM) event. This is the first time in a long time that Doug has ran at Farmington Dragway, even though he calls it his home track. “I grew up here racing back in the 80’s. I can recall like it was yesterday that my Dad and my brother Allen would come out here week after week competing in bracket racing, “ stated Doug. “You can say that Farmington Dragway was a stepping-stone for Winters Racing. We moved up from bracket racing to IHRA events, then into Top Sportsman and onto Pro Modified. So this place is special to our team. As a matter of fact, Allen’s son, Tyler Winters will be running “That Ole ‘56” in this weekends bracket race that at one time the whole family has driven.”

Winters Racing over the past few years have been competing in the Nitro Coupes portion of Super Chevy Shows held across the country and select ADRL events running Pro Extreme. “We got hooked on running Nitro Methane back when Super Chevy started the Nitro Coupes to replace their Pro Mods. We had very good success back then and we use that combination to run ADRL. However, with certain rules changes in ADRL and fewer Super Chevy Shows to attend, we decided to change the focus of our racing and marketing efforts.”

Doug still attends a few Super Chevy and ADRL events throughout the year, but feels that the place to be now is with Extreme Outlaw Pro Mod. “We have just attended one EOPM event, but we liked what we saw. We weren’t very competitive the first time out. We had just place a new roots blower on the car and tuning an alcohol only car is something I have not done since my Top Sportsman days. But we are moving in the right direction and hope to make some headway this weekend. This is a tough field and just to qualify in the 8 car field will be a successful weekend for us.”

Winters Racing will be flying the logos of Lucas Oil this weekend on the side of the ’57 Chevy. Lucas Oil has been with Winters Rcing for two years now and continues to grow their support of the team. “We would not be out here if it was not for all our sponsors, specially Lucas Oil. They step up their support this year and we are truly grateful.” Winters Racing would also like to thank long time partners, Mickey Thompson Tires, NGK Spark Plugs, Optima Batteries, Hedman Hedders, King Engine Bearings, Computech Racing, and Richmond Gear. They would also like to welcome their newest partner Gates Corporation.

Keep up to date on Winters Racing on Home

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_7284.jpg
    100_7284.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 116
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back