Wilkerson's plans for '07? (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
So anybody got any news or updates on Tim and his racing plans for the upcoming season?
Sponsors? Crew changes? Anything? He gets no coverage:(
thanx

As far as from what ive heard he is still racing all 07. Same deal as last year but seeking a another team for a 2 car effort

I haven't heard anything either, but I think most would agree with me when I say he is an absolutely personable, professional and genuinely nice guy who NEEDS to be out there. I hope Jer Weaver is right and we see him for the full 23 race scedule.

So anybody got any news or updates on Tim and his racing plans for the upcoming season?
Sponsors? Crew changes? Anything? He gets no coverage:(
thanx
I talked to Tim just before X-Mas..all systems are go, they are bringing on new associate sponsor. I believe they did lose one crew person. I know he would like to bring on a second car, but it has to be the right circumstances.

I talked to Tim just before X-Mas..all systems are go, they are bringing on new associate sponsor. I believe they did lose one crew person. I know he would like to bring on a second car, but it has to be the right circumstances.

Great news. Thanks Tony.

Anyone hear from Mark, aka Wilkfan ? Been a couple years since i've chatted with him. Hope he's doing OK.

Anyone hear from Mark, aka Wilkfan ? Been a couple years since i've chatted with him. Hope he's doing OK.

Finman, not sure if this is the Same Wilkfan. But the guy I met at Indy in '02 I heard passed away from Diabetes I believe. If I'm wrong I do apologize!

Yes Joe, this would be the same Wilkfan we met at Indy. Last time we chatted he had lost his sister, and he underwent open heart surgery.
Usually when a board member is lost, someone would post that. I don't remember seeing anything pertaining to that.

I'll do some PI work and let you know what I find.

I saw Wilkfan at the World Series of Drag Racing, he was helping Daniel Wilkerson out with his TAFC.

hey Tony thanks for keeping me alive, to all am dong good, George(akafinman) Joe and everyone, I know I would not be here though if all my friends here had not said all those prayers to the man in the sky, like Tony said i did help with Dan's Alky car last year, ws his first year out and will be out this year with some new stuff also, yes am still am a WILKFAN now with two to root for, my experience with DAn was great, what a great young man, will defintiely be one to be watched in future. Tim as 'tony said is gong to be at all 23 races, they are busy in shop getting all the pieces together, will attend the last vegas, test so et's bring on the NITRO!!!!!!!!!

I hope he doesn't add a 2nd car. They need to figure out #1 first. It sucked seeing Tim go out first round at about every event he qualified for. The car is clearly capable of running more consistent than it did last year. He has proved that in years past as possibly being a top 10 car. Good luck next year to them.

I hope he doesn't add a 2nd car. They need to figure out #1 first. It sucked seeing Tim go out first round at about every event he qualified for. The car is clearly capable of running more consistent than it did last year. He has proved that in years past as possibly being a top 10 car. Good luck next year to them.
Well Jared, thats part of the problem. With Force, Schumacher, Worsham, Lucas, Tony and Cruz P. having multiple cars. Their learning curve is a lot steeper than Wilkerson with his one car. It's not that they are smarter than Tim and Fred Mandoline, they just get to make a hell of a lot more runs than they do. Take Force for instance, they accentually in qualifying make 12 runs to Tim's 4...and lets not even get into testing.

I hope he doesn't add a 2nd car. They need to figure out #1 first.
#1 could run better if #2 were around. It is an upward exponential spiral of spending and gathering data.
I hate that Tim has no help out there. Everyone else has additional data from some kind of a fuel car on the same team. Jim Head? Well, I dunno on that one, not sure if he still gets consult help from AJ.
Let's see, I'm having a lapse right now, but who else is running a single car operation right now(this includes NOT having a rail team-mate)?

(btw, thanx T. for the info)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back