Wilkerson out at JCM ? (1 Viewer)

Maynard doesn’t seem too concerned about sponsorship for Schumacher or Ida without Scag. He must have very deep pockets. He’s even adding a TAD.

Scag Racing will make its NHRA debut at the 2024 season-opening NHRA Gatornationals in Gainesville, Fla. as a three-car organization. Scag has acquired ownership of the Maynard Ashley Racing and Maynard Wilkerson Racing teams. The Scag Funny Car will be run under Scag Wilkerson Racing. The Scag Top Fuel car will be run by Justin Ashley and his Mike Green/Tommy DeLago-led team. Funny Car racer Dave Richards will also run the full 2024 NHRA schedule in the Versatran car.

Scag Racing will continue to expand its involvement with Elite Motorsports as the company states that they have proved to be outstanding ambassadors of the Scag brand. who worked hard to integrate Scag Nation into its program and hospitality and have delivered outstanding value to the overall relationship. Scag Racing will extend its Pro Stock partnership with Richard Freeman and Erica Enders by sponsoring Jeg Coughlin Jr. for the 2024 season.

Scag will also continue as the Official Outdoor Power Equipment Provider of the NHRA.

Overall, Scag has found the NHRA to be a wonderful platform to reach and impact many people. Scag dealers, Scag distributors, and Scag equipment owners and users have all embraced the NHRA experience and enjoy the events and activities immensely.

Did you post that for people who aren't smart enough to click the link?

Not trying to be a smart a$$ but that's cut and paste from the story on NHRA.com. That's why I posted the link, so people could get it straight from the source.

Dominos fall as things get settled, and contracts get signed. Often times the players (in this case JCM and SCAG) will even coordinate the announcements to get maximum bang for the buck.

JCM makes an announcement and get's everyone's attention. Then a couple of days later, it's SCAGs turn.

Usually when you hear an announcement that leaves unanswered questions, those answers will become known in a week or less. Just like in this case.

Alan

Last edited:
Rumors on the NHRA Insider podcast that Daniel Wilkerson will be taking over the driving duties.
yes, interesting stuff. see where all that lands and how chad green is affected. also interesting to hear that scag move away from jcm/schumacher was unexpected,
apparently leaving jcm in a tight spot ...... i remember last year, i don't think bt3 was privy to CC's swap either, but look how that worked out for bt3,
he almost won the big enchilada (mission foods/enchilada ;)) ....... hard to wrap head around idea that we may have seen wilk make his last pass, but r/u to chad
with son involved was pretty cool final's FC final.

Wow! This may be among the biggest off season announcements so far! And much welcomed great news after a horrible year end of losing legends. Scag actually BUYING 2 fuel teams is huge, as well as the Richards car doing a full pull.
Looks like they bought out JCM's interest in each team along with majority ownership...great to see this!!

They didn't say Daniel, just "someone close to Wilk" :cool:
And also a crew chief for a top 5 funny car in 2023. That narrows it down quite a bit. Sounds like Scag is wanting the change. I always liked Tim but his reaction times have lagged in recent years and Daniel with his honesty when putting a microphone in front of him would be great to watch.

I remember Tim being interviewed last year, maybe by Alan, and asked who Tim thought was the best young driver out there and he responded Daniel Wilkerson. Maybe a hint as to what was coming.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back