Wilkerson Explosion (1 Viewer)

NitroBruin

Nitro Member
Did anyone notice the fact that Daniel Wilkerson's chutes seemingly did not deploy during his rd. 1 explosion. With the increased awareness and emphasis on this issue I would be curious to know why they did not deploy and what NHRA's response is.

yes, i mentioned this in the US Nationals thread yesterday afternoon. i am also curious to know why the new rules did not effectively deploy d wilk's chutes.
i guess dan didn't manually deploy, and person back on starting line with automatic switch did not hit the button?

Last edited:
Those wonderful teathers strike again. No chutes! Good thing he was no where near the speed of John Force when it blew up and good thing the edges of the body and the titanium tubing didn’t enter the drivers compartment. Only a matter of time before it will and be very serious. Those teathers are great aren’t they?!?!! Let the bodies fly!!!!

With all the stuff happening around him Dan had the awareness to stop right in front of the safety safari.

Last edited:
I hate it for D/T Wilk. They were testing a completely brand new car Monday after the event in Brainerd, and I assume they ran it there in Indy. Must have had some sort of gremlin with the damage they had over the course of the weekend. The 3.89 Sunday Q5 was an excellent run though for the conditions.

Those wonderful teathers strike again. No chutes! Good thing he was no where near the speed of John Force when it blew up and good thing the edges of the body and the titanium tubing didn’t enter the drivers compartment. Only a matter of time before it will and be very serious. Those teathers are great aren’t they?!?!! Let the bodies fly!!!!
Yes. And yikes. More bodies being blown up the last few races than I’ve seen in a while.

I’m sure everyone cringes in NHRA whenever it happens, but somehow it’s iconic for the class. It’s not good for anyone’s health though.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back