Rain postpones nhra mid-south nationals to monday ron capps notes and quotes (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]MEMPHIS, (Oct. 4, 2009) - Because of rain, the NHRA Mid-South Nationals eliminations rounds at Memphis Motorsports Park have been postpoined until Monday, at 10 a.m.

Ron Capps, driving the NAPA Adaptive One Brakes Dodge Funny Car, who faces rookie Daniel Wilkerson (the 21-year-old son of fellow Funny Car racer Tim Wilkerson) in the opening round, commented on the rain delay.

"It doesn't disrupt us," he said. "This is what we do for a living, so it's not like we need to go back to work on a Monday. It's unfortunate for the fans. You try to go out there and sign autographs even though it's in the rain and everybody is getting wet. But you want to make sure that the die-hard fans that come out to walk around in the rain and get soaking wet at least go home with some autographs. It's good to see all the drivers out there.

“From a standpoint of getting ready for the racing, I've learned from hanging out with the people who have been in the business for a long time that you can't control it, so there's no reason to get that excited.

"I did, however, tell some of Daniel Wilkerson's guys that I think Daniel has to be back in school on Monday," Capps said, with a laugh. "If he doesn’t, I'm going to call his teachers and tell them that he needs to get back in class on Monday.

"All joking aside, we were hanging out here all day waiting to see what the weather was going to do."

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back