Rain postpoines nhra mid-south nationals to monday cory mcclenathan notes and quotes (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]MEMPHIS (Oct. 4, 2009) - Persistent rain has postponed the NHRA Mid-South Nationals at Memphis Motorsports Park until Monday at 10 a.m.

Cory McClenathan, who qualified No. 4 in the FRAM Tough Guard Top Fuel dragster and faces TJ Zizzo in the opening round of eliminations, commented on the rain delay:

“When we’re on a four-week swing like this, I just think it makes it that much harder on the families, the fans, and all the guys working on the race cars. It kind of brings us down to crunch time. There is no time to be sitting here during the week while we’re supposed to be traveling to Richmond.

"I think the weather is going to be OK tomorrow, so I think that’s what we’re going to be looking at. But we need to get it in because we need to get everything packed up and sent down the road.

"When you’re running an operation like Don Schumacher Racing with three Funny Cars, two Top Fuel cars and a motorcycle, it’s a lot of work to do.

"Right now everyone’s just hanging out and getting fed. Our normal deal on days like this is I’ll get up and work out, have breakfast with (fiancee) Debi and the kids, come over here, and then I play my PS2 for the rest of the day. So, that’s been my day so far.

"We also do all our pre-race introductions with DSR. All the drivers are introduced and they say a few words. That’s always a fun thing because we all make fun of each other, so I spend most of my time making fun of Jack Beckman!" he said, with a laugh.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back