Wilk Smokes Tires, But Stays In Top 12 At NHRA Pomona Qualifying (2 Viewers)

Tim Wilkerson went with a slightly more aggressive set-up on Friday, trying to get his clutch program to provide a stronger run than the 4.221 he posted on Thursday. Instead, the new combination went over-center the other way, sending the Levi, Ray & Shoup Ford into nearly-instant tire smoke at the hit of the throttle.

Wilk's time from Thursday did carry over, staying in the all-important top 12, but he slipped two spots to the 11th position.

"It's never a comforting thing when you just change a little bit of the clutch set-up and it goes that far the other way," Wilkerson said. "We didn't quite have enough clutch wear yesterday, so we stepped on it but only a little bit. Now we'll have to do our CSI forensics and dig through the data to figure that out.

"I wasn't even thinking in terms of yesterday's run staying in the top 12, because I figured it wouldn't and we'd need to improve to carry our time into Saturday. I guess it's okay to be a little lucky, and it's good to not be below the line there and have to go into tomorrow with no time on the board. We'll aim for a good race set-up tomorrow, and try to get better as we go. We'll be fine."

More...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back