Wild Wilfred (1 Viewer)

I saw Wilfred run back in the day. Dale Armstrong was building engines for him. His Mustang FC was the lowest FC on the planet.

As a huge fan of the '70s era BB/FCs, I think the lowest may have been the Karmic Debris Monza. But, they were all super low, with lay down driver positions.

Pro Comp was an awesome class and I think they should bring it back for the "B" cars at Divisional events not racing Top Alcohol. I love Pro Comp so much that I am not waiting for NHRA to bring it back as we have started our own 5 race Pro Comp series starting next Saturday in Medford where we have 9 blown alcohol cars signed up. Its a mix of dragsters, funny cars roadsters and injected nitro cars.

Our top alcohol class down here in New Zealand is set up like pro comp in that dragsters, funny cars, altereds all race together. Its cool its neat but well over time the dragsters have started to outnumber the other cars.

I thought that was an awesome article by the way

William, that's pretty much what had happened here by 1980. It's the nature of the beast, we all love variety, but in racing everything ultimately moves toward the most efficient combination. And dragsters are it.

This car was always a crowd favorite, it would scream.

Wild_Wilfred_FunnyCar.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back