Wild Bunch....... (1 Viewer)

I too have witnessed the Wild Bunch in action. They were the best. Here were a bunch of guys doing what they loved, trying their best to put on a good show[it worked], caring about the spectaors while trying to keep their equipment in one piece. There are a lot of people out there with highly modified door cars that could learn from these guys.....

Thank you all that were in that group.
jim

I too have witnessed the Wild Bunch in action. They were the best. Here were a bunch of guys doing what they loved, trying their best to put on a good show[it worked], caring about the spectaors while trying to keep their equipment in one piece. There are a lot of people out there with highly modified door cars that could learn from these guys.....

Thank you all that were in that group.
jim

I saw Camp Stanley and Tommy Howes run at Willowbank in Australia a couple of times. First when Camp had the Taurus Wagon and later his Thunderbird.

They put on an awesome show and were an integral part to starting the Wild Bunch thing down in Oz with Dennis Syrmis of Willowbank leading it.

I LOVED the Wild Bunch!! I also liked a similar group that came after them, the Hot Rods From Hell. They were the reason I cheered for supercharged Pro Modified cars in the 90's. Then I saw the NHRA AMS Pro Mod show at ETown in 2002 and immediately got sick of them, but oh well.

Last edited:
I LOVED the Wild Bunch!! I also liked a similar group that came after them, the Hot Rods From Hell. They were the reason I cheered for supercharged Pro Modified cars in the 90's. Then I saw the NHRA AMS Pro Mod show at ETown in 2002 and immediately got sick of them, but oh well.

Billy,

Big differents from the Wild Bunch &Hot Rods from Hell then the AMS shows that we have today. It was new and fun back then. I guess we all just get jaded. I liked the old stuff more than today. Match racing is fun.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back