Wide World of Sports / the Dixons (2 Viewers)

mick

Nitro Member
how about the extra's that aired during ESPN2 show last nite!?
I really enjoyed the interview with Larry Dixon and his father;
showing the Winternationals footage of Larry Senior's victory
in early 70's - Keith Jackson and Big Daddy calling the race......
was surprised to see that Big was doing TV at this time?
love the old footage - would love to see more.

I couldn't agree more, it was a great spot and I had seen it before. Brings tears to see it. I wonder if there is a "collection" of all of the wide world of sports drag racing that can be purchased on tape or dvd?,,,,,,,,,Perry Jr.

I couldn't agree more, it was a great spot and I had seen it before. Brings tears to see it. I wonder if there is a "collection" of all of the wide world of sports drag racing that can be purchased on tape or dvd?,,,,,,,,,Perry Jr.

That segment was was shown before but it was still great to see again. I was searching earlier today and have not found anywhere I can buy some of the wide world of sports video. Anyone know if there is anywhere the video footage can be purchased?

I've seen it before as well, and I gotta admit, I get misty, it hits home because racing has created a strong bond between my dad & I, like the Dixons. It would be awesome if a compilation of all the old ABC Wide World Of Sports footage was made available. I remember watching back then. We would wait a month or two after Pomona or Indy was completed to see the show, and it would end up being a total of about 20 minutes of coverage. They would go back and forth between the races and say, gymnastics or something. But, at this point in time, all that footage combined from the 60s & 70s would make an unreal collection.

I've seen that before also, but really enjoyed seeing it again. Watching those old front motor diggers really brought back some memories for me.

My wife saw it, really enjoyed it, and noted that father and son both have the same dazzling smile.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back