Why should Powers/Fuller Stay? (1 Viewer)

Sure, but it's not up to the racer to decide if they stay. It's up to the guy footing the bill. Sooner or later it becomes a business decision whether Hot Rod wants to stay or not.

I'd just love to know where all this talk is coming from?? They are there to finish the race simple as that. I have not read any talk of them leaving :rolleyes:

If Fuller stays and wins, that puts another WIN on his resume....don't forget they are looking for a full time sponsor. Plus, who knows, perhaps the big CAT office is watching what they do. A few classy moves may go a long way.

But what is a bigger race to win, this one or Indy? I would be packing and and on my way to testing. What happens if this race doesn't finish tomorrow?

geeeez, it never amazes me bout some of these threads, like reinhart said, theyre racers !!!! mr reinhart , looking 4ward to indy. see u tuesday!!

If it wasnt for Ransome CAT- Fuller would not have had CAT on the car at all this year from my understanding...

Then again, what do I know- ;)

In my wildest dreams, I could never imagine a team, any team, leaving a race that they were in the final of. Business aside, it would be a slap in the face to the entire team, especially the crew that work their asses off on a daily basis.

Because they want to win....period.

...has anyone thought the crew may get a decent bonus for a national event win???

...and you folks are putting way to much into this Indy test...the track won't even be the same when they come back there in a week.

Last edited:
But what is a bigger race to win, this one or Indy? I would be packing and and on my way to testing. What happens if this race doesn't finish tomorrow?
There will be five qualifying rounds at Indy, and as Tony wrote, the track will be different by then.

I don't think this team needs to do a whole lot of testing. Also, Rod doesn't need to be getting in and out of that car any more than necessary.

Well from a business stand point - and keeping the championship in mind, I don't think it would be a bad decision. Cat is not going to get much more media coverage except for next weeks rag - So what the heck? I would rather have the testing time at Indy. Lets face it, as it stands now, Indy is way more important than this race.

Suzie - Nothing against your guys, and no I don't have anything against Connie, but Fuller does not have much to gain at this point.... If it would be a good idea to lose, then save the parts for Indy...

Drag racing is a business after all. - Sorry everyone, I did not mean to get a hornets nest going, just to much time thinking I guess:D

Earl

All good points Earl. In retrospect they should have just pulled out a couple days ago. All they're doing is burning time and cash by hanging around. Cut and run boys...Indy is far more important than a race that won't get covered. If there's no one in the stands and if it's not covered in the media (Dragster doesn't count), is it REALLY a race? Very few witnesses...

Do you think that maybe the fact that the Indy test is going to be extended for those stuck at Reading is having an influence on their decision. Plus, I am with AlaN--RACERS RACE.

Roo

Let's not forget the 3 fans in the bleachers. They paid good money to see a race, not a single run in the final.

lets see last year at Norwalk Doug K and Densham no showed for the rain delayed finals, split the money and headed to testing at Indy.

The coundown does bring issues like this into question. Is testing and resting at this point in the season worth more then sticking out a rain storm? The points for Rod mean nothing at this point as he secured his 10 point lead:rolleyes:. Yes there is racing for the trophy and whatever the difference in rpize money is. But is winning this race now more important then setting yourself up the the championship run? I'm not saying either way is right or wrong but these are questions that have to be asked now.

From Fuller's standpoint I would think he would much rather have Herbert in the final 8 then Grubby. I don't mean that as a knock on Herbert either. With Grubby he will have 2 teammates out there would COULD dive and help him get more rounds win during the next 6 races. With Herbert he's a one man show. If we're ok with teams taking dives to help the greater cause then why not a driver in the chase making his situation better.

Since Fuller's unsponsored ro at best one race deals right now could he be offered a one round sponsorship for the finals? Hoepfully its a full clean run, anything else., right or wrong, will lead to speculation.

They Are There To Finish What They Started. Jeeeeez Louise!!!

EXACTLY!!! Somewhere along the line, some of you forgot that this is about the race and the competition at hand, NOT the positioning and politics of the end of the year. Yes, I know, big dollars are dependant on how you finish in the next few weeks, but I personally am glad to see that there are a couple of drivers/ owners that see nothing is more important than the race occuring NOW... To walk away from an active :)rolleyes:) race to run to a test session just so that someone else gains/ loses a position for the end of the year (BOOOOOO!! :mad:) ISN'T exactly the drama Glendora was trying to accomplish, but they will take anything they can get and run with it (look for the Press Release soon :rolleyes:- We worked it out with God to add some excitement to the Chase....)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back