Why should Powers/Fuller Stay? (1 Viewer)

Earl

Nitro Member
I just wonder why the Powers team would even stay. At Indy they will only be 10 points ahead. I would think testing at Indy would be more important in the big picture than a win at this mess. Plus it would be great to see Connie wound up. That should make for a great interview. If I was the team manager I would be gonzo..... They don't have any sponsors to answer to...:)

Earl

thats insane! who ever wants fuller and team to leave must not be a kalitta fan. that would give herbert a easy pass into the 8 and bump grubby . that would be just wrong period! and if you ask herbert id bet he wouldnt want it that way- ala mel.

They have CAT on the car and want the Wally in their hand but for my money, I'd like to see Herbert sneak into this game. If they lost to Herbert, Fuller wouldn't have to be racing an entire team like Kalitta for his championship as he will if he wins. I can pretty much Conrad's group are smart enough to take one for the team any time they match up with a "Non Countdown" team car and that could make things tough for the rest?

They have CAT on the car and want the Wally in their hand but for my money, I'd like to see Herbert sneak into this game. If they lost to Herbert, Fuller wouldn't have to be racing an entire team like Kalitta for his championship as he will if he wins. I can pretty much Conrad's group are smart enough to take one for the team any time they match up with a "Non Countdown" team car and that could make things tough for the rest?

I guess I haven't been thinking too much latley but this blocking etc. is going to be a big deal. Point well made, Fuller would be smart not to win.

Well from a business stand point - and keeping the championship in mind, I don't think it would be a bad decision. Cat is not going to get much more media coverage except for next weeks rag - So what the heck? I would rather have the testing time at Indy. Lets face it, as it stands now, Indy is way more important than this race.

Suzie - Nothing against your guys, and no I don't have anything against Connie, but Fuller does not have much to gain at this point.... If it would be a good idea to lose, then save the parts for Indy...

Drag racing is a business after all. - Sorry everyone, I did not mean to get a hornets nest going, just to much time thinking I guess:D

Earl

Powers/Fuller should start packing up and see how long it takes for Connie to show up with his checkbook in hand!! LOL.:D

I'm not convinced that sponsors are that much interested in wins per se, but I think one would be really pissed to have their guy (especially on a race-to-race basis) throw in the towel.
Given the Grubnic/Herbert situation it would stink.

That is great Tim. Funny stuff.
I actually thought about that for some teams that "don't have much to win". The bigger picture could be that Fuller wins this race and doesn't do as good downt he stretch for not testing. Just a thought, but look how they have run all year.

From Fullers point of view, the best they can do is win and get a few extra $$$. Not a bad deal, but not a whole lot of benefit. They'd just get winner money instead of runner up money. TV crews are gone and no more audiocast so publicity is over. Dragster ships on Wednesday/Thursday so I would guess that the cover is already done, plus there are others could get the cover instead of Fuller. They have to risk parts breaking, a crash, or who knows what could happen. Plus it puts a Kalitta car out of the countdown.

Honestly though, I don't think Doug would want to get in like that. Doug and Connie are buddies and I seriously doubt that he would be happy to screw them like that. I haven't asked him, but I'd bet that Doug would rather earn it than have it handed to him.

David Powers has a tough call to make, I hope it works out for them.

Right now Fuller's got a 50/50 chance at winning the event, he'd be crazy to throw that away. Plus they are trying to secure a sponsor so the more wins they have the better. They have already won with Cat on the car in Denver and made it to the finals in Chicago with the Cat car.

Because racers race. If you don't understand that then you never will.

Alan

OK Alan, here's hoping you have sense of humor:

What's that say for Jeff Arend against Del?

I've never fancied being told I don't understand something, like that miserable Jeep sticker:
It's a Jeep thing . . . . . .you wouldn't understand.

I've considered putting a sticker on the back of our transporter in large letters that reads:
"It's a horsepower thing . . . . . . Jeep people wouldn't understand"

I can answer that for you Doc:

Racers race, unless it interferes with business ... if you don't understand that ... you never will. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back