why does John Force's car smoke so much at the end of the 1/4? (1 Viewer)

jim

Nitro Member
I sent the same question in to the "Quarter Mile Quiz", got the sweatshirt, and got a DVD of John answering the question. But, John really didn't answer the question. He just said something about "sometimes we blow these old hotrods up". Or maybe I am wrong. Does he really blow a motor at the end of each run?

I sent the same question in to the "Quarter Mile Quiz", got the sweatshirt, and got a DVD of John answering the question. But, John really didn't answer the question. He just said something about "sometimes we blow these old hotrods up". Or maybe I am wrong. Does he really blow a motor at the end of each run?

austin runs that thing lean and mean

Jim, maybe one of the maters will know, how many pistons does JFR go through in one race week end maybe 8 a pass so that would work out to approx 64:eek:. Just like Mike says Austin likes to run the motors lean and mean, so they go through lots of pistons.

Crushed and Scuffed Pistons and Rings. Like the Minick boy said... They run the car on the lean side and it eats pistons. Once the throttle is let off, the oil rushes past the pistons and rings and smoke comes out. Sometimes, they will eat a hole in the middle of the piston... That makes it extra smokey....
If you ever get a chance to see them do a tear down of the car after a run, watch a guy toss all of the pistons in a plastic bucket when he removes them from the rods. They look like hell....

And they put a 1318 foot tune up on it... lol

Keeps the Aluminum Gods happy, and less oil to haul away at the end of the weekend.

d'kid
Really what MM, Justin and the rest said.

If you ever get a chance to see them do a tear down of the car after a run, watch a guy toss all of the pistons in a plastic bucket when he removes them from the rods. They look like hell....

And I have one of them on my desk. Very cool, and quite a conversation piece.

The JFR team is making fun of the Ron Capps sponsor--smokless tabacco company--lol
I think it has to do with the way they set the cars up with respect to ring clearance etc?
less ring tension = less drag = more horse power.
this has been tried before. I recall at the finnals at Ontario Speedway several cars would really smoke until the pedal to metal thing.
Just my opnion

because he can afford to smoke them up at the end of each run... besides, you think nhra is going to tell him to try to keep the oil in the pan . nah

Question for anyone:

What happens to the pistons and rods when they are trashed?
Do they get recycled the same way empty soda cans get recycled?
I've always wanted to know.

The JFR team is making fun of the Ron Capps sponsor--smokless tabacco company--lol

UST is Larry Dixon's sponsor. :D

Question for anyone:

What happens to the pistons and rods when they are trashed?
Do they get recycled the same way empty soda cans get recycled?
I've always wanted to know.

040108008.jpg

040108001.jpg

It's a Ford. It is written on it in big letters.:D

Jay

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back