Why are they messing with Connie and Doug (1 Viewer)

Slowpoke96z28

Nitro Member

Hating ass FAA trying to pull money.

In my experience it’s quite common for them to have findings during routine audits, ramp checks etc. Notice it says “proposed”. Often they are either washed away or substantially reduced or pushed out pending appeals, extensions, FSDO staff changes, etc. Negotiating is also a big part of it. Nothing a new truck or maybe a free weekend trip to Aruba or Super Bowl tickets for the Inspectors can’t clear up LOL. And especially with Collins being involved as a third party vendor…. there’s probably a lot of “loop holes” to explore. The carriers who are tight with thier local Principal Inspectors usually aren’t surprised by any findings or audits. Like I said though, the inspectors need to come back with something they found….. rarely do they come back to the office empty handed and claiming that an operator or repair station is gleamingly clean and perfect…….

There’s going to be a major change in the way the alphabet organizations operate. First is the SCOTUS ruling against Chevron deference. These agencies, like the ATF and EPA, won’t be able to make up new regulations out of thin air anymore. Congress will have to vote on proposed legislation from now on. Then, the end of DEI and wokeness in hiring is coming fast. Only those people that are skilled for the job instead of hiring based on their color, gender or whatever. The final change will be a new administration. You know it’s coming….

In my experience it’s quite common for them to have findings during routine audits, ramp checks etc. Notice it says “proposed”. Often they are either washed away or substantially reduced or pushed out pending appeals, extensions, FSDO staff changes, etc. Negotiating is also a big part of it. Nothing a new truck or maybe a free weekend trip to Aruba or Super Bowl tickets for the Inspectors can’t clear up LOL. And especially with Collins being involved as a third party vendor…. there’s probably a lot of “loop holes” to explore. The carriers who are tight with thier local Principal Inspectors usually aren’t surprised by any findings or audits. Like I said though, the inspectors need to come back with something they found….. rarely do they come back to the office empty handed and claiming that an operator or repair station is gleamingly clean and perfect…….
Negotiating? Trucks and weekend trips?? They wouldn’t be that bold would they?

Okay, so I just saw this now. Before everyone picks on the FAA for this, here is a snippet of the article:

“This improper mapping within the operational software, if not addressed, could, during a high-precision approach with a GPS error, result in controlled flight into terrain,” the 2020 airworthiness directive said."

Yeah, I would think performing the needed fixes to avoid the possibility of flying a huge aircraft into a mountain would be a pretty big deal.

Okay, so I just saw this now. Before everyone picks on the FAA for this, here is a snippet of the article:

“This improper mapping within the operational software, if not addressed, could, during a high-precision approach with a GPS error, result in controlled flight into terrain,” the 2020 airworthiness directive said."

Yeah, I would think performing the needed fixes to avoid the possibility of flying a huge aircraft into a mountain would be a pretty big deal if a pilot flies into terrain, in

Yeah, I would think performing the needed fixes to avoid the possibility of flying a huge aircraft into a mountain would be a pretty big deal.
I'm not a pilot, but I know their approach plates have hazards ifthe airfield plotted already, and even if it's the worst ifr before doing a missed approach, that really leaves no excuse imo.

To me, this is the equivalent of having a first round win tossed because Electrimotion issue a software update (for something not affecting its main functionality) for the Leahy, but the car still had old software. It's exercising power for power's sake in my eyes.

I'm not a pilot, but I know their approach plates have hazards ifthe airfield plotted already, and even if it's the worst ifr before doing a missed approach, that really leaves no excuse imo.

To me, this is the equivalent of having a first round win tossed because Electrimotion issue a software update (for something not affecting its main functionality) for the Leahy, but the car still had old software. It's exercising power for power's sake in my eyes.

When one of his cargo planes misses the approach and takes out a bunch of innocent lives at an airfield and one is a family member of yours get back to me. Aircraft are nothing to be messed with or let things slide too many innocent people can get hurt or killed.
Yes I am retired from the aerospace industry, look around at Boeing and tell all the families of people that have died that it will be OK it was only a software issue there too.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back