Who Dat???!!! (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Nitro Member
I've been a Saints fan for about 10 years. There is no way to describe the vibe in the Superdome during a 'normal' home game. I can't even fathom what it's like in there tonight being back in the dome for the first time since Katrina! And against their arch rivals, the Falcons? The people of New Orleans NEED this.....it's awesome!

GEAUX SAINTS!

I've never been a Saints fan (sorry, but I'm a damn Yankeee) but I think it's great for the city of NO to be able even to host this game. They announced last Tuesday that their home games are sold out. With all the destruction here in the area, it is definitley a shining light and escape for many. There are many Saints fans here in MS as well.

I've never been that excited or had as much fun watching a regular season NFL game!!! The entire pre-game & the game itself was awesome!!

Geaux Saints!! It was perfect, back in tha dome & a beatdown of the Falcons!!

Yep it has been some crazy in the city the last couple of days. You could feel the excitement in the air. Talking with people before the game, most just wanted a good competitive game. With the emotions that were going to be at a fever pitch sometimes that can work against you. We watched from home and enjoyed every minute of it. The pre-game was great from the ESPN crew to the Goo Goo Dolls,Green Day and U2 was just awesome. When the block punt happened we were jumping off our chairs in my living room. At that point I just had the feeling that this was gonna be our night!!! And it was!!!! This morning when I got up to watch the morning news they showed film of Bourbon Street at 4am still packed with people partying......Not much work is gonna get done today,LOL....I work with a lot of folks that lost just about everything they had in that damn storm.....This morning instead of conversations about Sheetrock,plumbing and insurance problems....Were talking about the game and the Saints big win.......THANKS WE NEEDED THAT!!!!!!

Last edited:
I am neither a Saints or Falcons fan but I was pulling for the Saints last night b/c of fantasy football. All my studs had this week off and I still managed to outscore the other guy by only 10 pts but he had Mike Vick still to play last night and all he needed was a TD to beat me, but he didnt get it. I love you Saints!!!

New Orleans was such a fantastic city when I first went in 1995, I made sure I went there every year until 2003. Each summer, and then managed 4 New Years there. The Dome was great. I saw my Skins beatem' on Sunday Night football back in 2000. The schedule is now very brutal for the Saints the rest of the season. Hope they can sustain and make the playoffs. I don't think the Saints have ever had 4 players on offense at the same time as talented as Brees, Bush, Deuce, and Joe Horn.

I gotta tell you my Joe Horn football story here. Joe's son(Lil Joe) plays 11-12 year old football with my son. The kid is flat out fast. His Dad brings him to practice and you can tell its killing Big Joe not to say something. He lets the coaches coach but on the sidelines you can see big Joe trying to give his son pointers. Lil Joe plays wide receiver and Defensive Back on our team. At our game this past Saturday Lil Joe intercepts a pass and scoots 60 yards or so for a TD, he spikes the ball in the end zone and they breaks into his celebration dance. The ref throws a penalty flag on him and backs us up 10 yards for the extra point try, which we got anyway! After the game the coach is talking to the boys about the game(which they won 34-0) and he singles out Lil Joe and says, "Joe you cost me 10 yards on that TD play .......don't do that again...we can't do that in this league"...LOL I think we will have to check him for a cell phone next weekend! m;)

Last edited:
lol, Brian. I know exactly what you mean. It had a playoff feel to it.

couldn't have been a playoff feel or the would have lost :D sorry I had too. I'm a lions and raiders fan so I'm just bitter anymore

I've been a hardcore Saint's fan all my life, being from Louisiana originally... Last night was just about as proud as I've ever been...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back