Where's the love for Britney Force? (1 Viewer)

MHayes

Staff member
Nitro Member
Yes, she has the talent of Alan Johnson and Brian Husen behind her, but that girl is cutting lights and getting wins! If I recall correctly, she cut about the best light in every quad she was in. Oh yeah, and did you see that they brought Jason McCullough on board after the BVR shutdown?

I've been wondering that myself.
I'm impressed by her performance.
She really wants it,a chip off the old block!

I am happy for Brittany, she seems like a nice enough person and seems to genuinely love the sport. But it's still an Alan Johnson tuned car winning 3 of the first 5 races of the season. Same as it ever was, no one should be surprised by the result.

It's all about getting the right crew together, Alan Johnson is a great coach/leader for the team.

I wonder what todd smith is thinking

Because her lights were not great last year he probably had to put a more aggressive tune-up in the car resulting in many runs that went up in tire smoke. But of course when that happened people were quick to blame him.

As one person said here, Alan Johnson probably saw those lights, gave her a practice tree and told her to spend a few hours on it.

In all though, I'm very happy to see Brittany Force finally winning.

when money is slim and bvr folds, it's really great to see strange bedfellows join forces and put their best foot forward.
as reported recently alan is looking towards 2017 and a 3-car team with steve t. and brittany. this whole deal works so well for
ajr, jfr, nhra, the torrence's, steve torrence, brittany force, alan johnson's crew, the torrence crew, and most notably monster energy.
i feel for todd smith, but this arrangement is paying many dividends to many groups. kudos to alan johnson and john force for getting
together on this. i don't particularly enjoy all these multi-car teams, but it's the financially preferred method, i get it.

wilk's 2nd win of year was still the best!!! :cool:

Not to take away from their success of this year but I will speculate that if she had RTs last year like this year she would've had a win or two with Todd Smith. Of course a lot goes into a reaction time beyond letting go of the brake handle and pushing the loud petal, I give AJ credit for that.

The only way to beat Brit is to tree her. Baddest hot rod in top fuel, thanks to AJ. Now it's difficult to tree her. This will be an interesting season.

Not informed but I am under the impression that the car can be set up to improve the cars RT and the drivers RT is basically the same. The moment the driver steps on the loud pedal (linkage set up), the clutch set up etc. The driver could have exact same RT but the car reacts faster.
Perhaps another Alan Johnson improvements.

It's a Tuners sport, let's be honest! How many Championships would Force won without Austin Coil? Just sayin...

You still have to drive these things, beyond even reaction times. So many things can go wrong, and fuel cars are so fickle, that the whole team has to be just about perfect to get wins.

Todd Smith was running parts from JFR that was made for FC in a TF car which some people say may not work well in a dragster which could result in bad reaction times. Now that her car is completely separate entity with a complete crew that knows TF cars, and has the parts a TF car should so it has a known combination. Todd Smith did pretty good considering what parts he had to use that may not work well in a dragster, it was the only TF car that ran JFR parts so it was an odd ball combination compared to the others.

“I think that Brittany has exceeded my expectations in her ability to drive and adapt to our procedures, which is certainly to my delight and everyone on the team"

But what does Alan Johnson know after all it's really the computer

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back