Where 's Angie's bike ? (1 Viewer)

This is exactly why I’m not a huge fan of that team. Obviously glad Angie is okay, but every time anything happens, Matt’s in the middle of it. Seems he thinks the whole world is out to get him. And he’s gonna find away around rules or things one way or another.

But I also read where the pro mod that crashed Sunday was returned to the team that evening. It’s strange to me that her bike still isn’t returned, let alone can’t even tell them where it is. There has to be more to it. Also read that it was still running after she came off of it? Maybe they’re just trying to figure out why the shut off didn’t work? Strange. The least NHRA could do is let them know where it is and what’s going on.
It’s always the same with his dad as well. Now maybe NHRA’s sole purpose is to get revenge on the Smith family. If you ask them I’m sure that is what they think.

Like him or not, keeping the bike longer than usual is odd...
He is entitled to his opinion, I may or may not agree sometimes.
The real issue is why the front brakes have a tendency to lock up.
The broadcast showed I think it was Herara (sp) locked up in the shutdown too without crashing.
I don't ride motorcycles, but would adding a parachute be a bad thing? Ala some fuel bikes.

The broadcast showed I think it was Herara (sp) locked up in the shutdown too without crashing.
I don't ride motorcycles, but would adding a parachute be a bad thing? Ala some fuel bikes.
Bumpy track could have played a role; carbon fiber brakes that often lock up if applied too aggressively could have played a role.

Does anyone have any update on how Angie is doing, instead of speculation about her bike, and how carbon fiber brakes could possibly lock up?

I don't do Facebook. Thanks!

Does anyone have any update on how Angie is doing, instead of speculation about her bike, and how carbon fiber brakes could possibly lock up?

I don't do Facebook. Thanks!
When people bring the subject up I intend on voicing an opinion.

I assume Angie is home and recovering nicely. Latest update, from her:

"Just want to send a HUGE THANK YOU to several people individually along with all the texts and calls from everyone…
First THANK YOU safety safari and Dr. Surface for getting to me fast and delegating everything for me to get transported to the hospital… I will say I’m sorry for all the curse words that came out of my mouth…
Secondly thank you to the trauma team at St Louis University Hospital.. they were truly amazing!!
Next thank you to my hubby (a man that can’t stand the sight of blood) laid on the track with his wife to try and keep me calm and help anyway he could.. He sat in the trauma waiting room for more than 6 hours just waiting to see me again… He laid by my bedside all night on Saturday night even when he had a job to do the next day.. Steve Nichols, Sadie Glenn, Kelly and Eddie, my mom and my sister and Celena dropped everything to come and comfort me…
Mama Lisa I’m sorry I scared the crap out of you.. I love you and
🥜
will be just fine.. I’m pretty determined as you know!!
Nate, Jianna, Cookieman and the Salinas family thank you for all that you did so Matt could be away and helping in every single way you could…
My girls Erica Enders and Courtney Enders and the Freeman guys… it TRULY put the biggest smile on my face when you came to the hospital to visit me.. it really pulled at my heart strings and I’m so grateful for our friendship!! Erica love you bunches and we still got some things to do together… thank you Bo and Randi Lynn for the messages on your cars.. when your sitting in the hospital from a crash and you see the messages on cars and the interviews from your racing family it really brings your spirits up..
Tony Stewart, Leah Pruett , Matt Hagan , David Hagan and Chloe thank you for the transport home… it really made my days a lot better getting home and starting the road to recovery asap!! I honestly could never repay you and just know all of you are class acts!!
There are sooo many more people but these are just a few that I feel like I need to say thank you to…
Thank you everyone… God gives us hurdles for a reason… I’m not giving up yet!! "
💖
💖
💖

Not sure if they have them, but carbon fiber brakes can be unpredictable.

It’s always the same with his dad as well. Now maybe NHRA’s sole purpose is to get revenge on the Smith family. If you ask them I’m sure that is what they think.
I will not justify any ones behavior but the Smith family, Ricky and Matt do not have the money a lot of NHRA racers have. So if they feel like someone is getting an advantage they speak up. In Ricky's case, most of the competition is rich guys. Racing is how Ricky and Matt put food on the table. For the above reasons I cut them a little slack. Ok, I'm done.

This should settle part of the discussion about PSM brakes. Apparently I was mistaken; they don't use carbon fiber. Jamie Howe explains.

This should settle part of the discussion about PSM brakes. Apparently I was mistaken; they don't use carbon fiber. Jamie Howe explains.

The video is 7 years old but likely still applies. The NHRA Rulebook doesn't prohibit carbon fiber brakes in Pro Stock Motorcycle, but does prohibit aluminum rotors. From the rulebook:

"BRAKES & SUSPENSION:

BRAKES:

Hydraulic type, front and rear, mandatory. Braided steel brake lines mandatory. Brake lines must be routed and mounted to ensure no contact with moving parts. Aluminum brake rotors prohibited. Automated brakes prohibited; application and release of brakes must be a function of the rider. Two rotor front brakes permitted; all rotor thickness tolerance +/- .010-inch from accepted 3/16-inch thickness. Minimum size: 10-inch diameter, 3/16-inch thickness for single rotor; 8-inch diameter, 3/16-inch thickness for dual rotor. Rear brake rotor minimum 10-inch diameter, 3/16-inch thick with single rotor front brake; 8 1/2-inch diameter, 3/16-inch thick with dual rotor front brake. Maximum hole size .500 inches with all holes countersunk. No two holes closer than 1.25-inch center to center. Fork brace mandatory on all single rotor motorcycles. All brake systems must be NHRA accepted aftermarket. Scalloping, notching, etc. of brake rotors prohibited; i.e., brake rotors must maintain a constant minimum outside diameter. See General Regulations 3:1"

All Matt had to do was put an Apple Air Tag on it and he would know where they stashed it

In the basement of the Alamo

5669539F-1982-4452-8EBB-3DAB3EF606E3.jpeg

If so, I wonder how they got it back? Shipped freight collect to King, NC in a crate? Or does NHRA say "OK, we're done with it, come and get it at your expense"? Is there a "Thank You" note in the crate?
Jerry Hass is bringing it to Dallas. Who pays for it? I have no clue.

The best possible result here would be - If everything was within speck (I really hope it is) it means that the parts that failed (fatigue or stress) need to be looked at and rules adjusted to remedy the problem. Matt may not be some people’s favorite but I am sure he would never do anything that would hurt someone - especially his Wife.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back