Where 's Angie's bike ? (1 Viewer)

BOO BOO

Nitro Member
Matt Smith posted on Facebook that NHRA has Angie's bike. Can't seem to get a straight answer from Tech where the bike is (just that it's off property) and was told he'd get it back after Pomona because of "Legal". Has tried to call the President of NHRA Glenn Crownwell (no return call). Hhhhmmmm

Lol

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1696259991853.jpg
    FB_IMG_1696259991853.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 62
Thanks Bobby. As usual, great writing.
In the last paragraph Smith makes a pretty serious complaint saying NHRA has “stolen” the motorcycle.
I’m not sure if Smith helped, or hurt, his attempts to retrieve the motorcycle with that statement.
Hopefully, those words don’t come back to bite him in the backside.

Why does the NHRA seemingly have to make this so difficult and create all these hard feelings with one of their top competitors in that class? How hard is it to tell the guy where his property is being held, and the reason for it being detained much longer than usual? Why all the mystery? Just talk to him, and that might go a long way to avoiding all this ill will.

I'll bet $100 to a cold dog turd this is revenge on the part of NHRA and I'll bet the same $100 that's exactly what Matt Smith believes. That's an OPINION, now; I have no actual facts. I do know that Smith had a major brouhaha with NHRA 4 years ago over what he perceived to be favoritism towards Harley Davidson - and a lesser dustup after Denver 2022 over a rules change after he won the race which he deemed to be directly aimed at him.

Sounds to me like someone at NHRA decided the events of last Sunday made for a great opportunity for some payback. If true, I don't have to elaborate about how sorry such a move would be, particularly in light of Angie's injuries.

I'll bet $100 to a cold dog turd this is revenge on the part of NHRA and I'll bet the same $100 that's exactly what Matt Smith believes. That's an OPINION, now; I have no actual facts. I do know that Smith had a major brouhaha with NHRA 4 years ago over what he perceived to be favoritism towards Harley Davidson - and a lesser dustup after Denver 2022 over a rules change after he won the race which he deemed to be directly aimed at him.
confiscating
Sounds to me like someone at NHRA decided the events of last Sunday made for a great opportunity for some payback. If true, I don't have to elaborate about how sorry such a move would be, particularly in light of Angie's injuries.

In my opinion I think this is nonsense. You're basically saying NHRA is holding a grudge which, in their minds, justifies stealing /holding hostage/confiscating someone else's property for no other reason that that?

1696464755839.png
1696464755839.png

"Participant hereby grants NHRA, its member tracks, and each
of their agents and assigns, full and unconditional permission
to collect and retain vehicles, parts of vehicles, equipment,
data (including performance related), or any other items used
in conjunction with participation that are owned by or in the
possession of participant or present at an event (collectively
“Items”), including such Items that may be relevant incident to
the investigation of an incident; the inspection or testing of such
Items; or for any other purpose. NHRA may exercise this right
to take and retain Items at any time when NHRA determines in
its sole and absolute discretion that such actions are necessary.
Participant fully releases NHRA from any liability whatsoever for
loss of, damage to, or destruction of any such items. When an
Item is suspected of being out of compliance with an NHRA rule,
or when an Item has been involved in an incident, NHRA may in
its sole and absolute discretion collect and retain such Items if
NHRA believes it necessary to do so to further investigate, make
a final determination, and/or preserve evidence, all in NHRA’s
sole and absolute discretion. At any time that NHRA collects and
retains Items, NHRA will try to safeguard such Items and return
such Items when NHRA has completed its work with them, but
NHRA makes no representations or warranties that the Items
will not be lost, damaged, destructively tested, destroyed or
otherwise affected. However, notwithstanding the foregoing
sentence, if NHRA believes that an Item should be retained or
destroyed, or indefinitely or permanently retained, to prevent
further use of such item in competition, NHRA may so retain or
destroy such Item. The rights granted to NHRA in this subsection
shall also apply to any NHRA member track if deemed necessary
by the member track officials."

This is from the NHRA rulebook, section 1 pages 17 & 18

While it may look like NHRA is just being one way about this it is possible that since these bikes go faster and faster as time goes on they may be trying to determine if rules need to be changed (upgraded) as far as the chassis and (or) components go. The fact that they are taking a long time could be that they need outside help since they are not really "The Sharpest Knives in the Drawer".

I don't know the details of Jianna's accident last years but if it was similar they really want to see what failed and take steps to avoid accident #3. It's not like they have a full rollcage around them. Those riders are wide open to injury or death in an accident.

In my opinion I think this is nonsense. You're basically saying NHRA is holding a grudge which, in their minds, justifies stealing /holding hostage/confiscating someone else's property for no other reason that that?

View attachment 13646View attachment 13646
Looks a lot like my cat. I'll have to adorn him with tinfoil and see how it suits him.

Ok, Randy, I'll try to be respectful here.....so riddle me this. If the front brakes locked up on your FC causing it to crash hard into the wall, injuring you, and after sequestering your car, (NO, NHRA didn't STEAL Angie's bike) refused to tell you where it is other than it's been removed from the property. Then refused to tell you one thing about the investigation other than to tell you that it'll be returned to you 6 weeks from now due to "legal" reasons. Add in the fact that you had major dustups with NHRA 4 years ago and one last year.....would it cross your mind that NHRA was playing hardball with you and your team with a little payback for being such a big thorn in their side for years?

I'm not buying "they may be looking for infractions", "they need time to perform forensics", "they need to determine the exact cause of the crash" and such. Not for 6 weeks they don't - the bike didn't fly into the stands and kill a dozen people - while they totally snub Team Smith in the process. If you have another explanation, including believing Smith wildly exaggerated his story, I'd sure like to hear it.

Really do not follow PS Bike, and have no facts to back this up, but, it seems every time there is some PSM controversy, Matt Smith Racing is in the middle of it. I am not saying NHRA or MSR is right or wrongor indifferent, but it sure seems like something fishy is up!
This is exactly why I’m not a huge fan of that team. Obviously glad Angie is okay, but every time anything happens, Matt’s in the middle of it. Seems he thinks the whole world is out to get him. And he’s gonna find away around rules or things one way or another.

But I also read where the pro mod that crashed Sunday was returned to the team that evening. It’s strange to me that her bike still isn’t returned, let alone can’t even tell them where it is. There has to be more to it. Also read that it was still running after she came off of it? Maybe they’re just trying to figure out why the shut off didn’t work? Strange. The least NHRA could do is let them know where it is and what’s going on.

If they are keeping it to test other things, then just say that. Hell even if it's not true, say something. Maybe, something like, due to the bike not shutting off as it should we are investigating to find the cause to ensure our safety measures are as robust as they need to be. Or anything. Silence and not even knowing where the bike is at, is not a good look.

I did find it funny all the conspiracy people on FB saying it was NHRA trying to help and kiss HD butt. Funny since they aren't a sponsor anymore and based on performance, Gage doesn't need any help. While you can't stop all rumors when you do nothing to put yourself in a positive light, it makes the entire organization look bad.

I can't wonder if they've found something in violation of some rule and are checking that out. Obviously in that case, they can't come out and say that yet but go back to claiming a safety investigation.

If they are keeping it to test other things, then just say that. Hell even if it's not true, say something. Maybe, something like, due to the bike not shutting off as it should we are investigating to find the cause to ensure our safety measures are as robust as they need to be. Or anything. Silence and not even knowing where the bike is at, is not a good look.

I did find it funny all the conspiracy people on FB saying it was NHRA trying to help and kiss HD butt. Funny since they aren't a sponsor anymore and based on performance, Gage doesn't need any help. While you can't stop all rumors when you do nothing to put yourself in a positive light, it makes the entire organization look bad.

I can't wonder if they've found something in violation of some rule and are checking that out. Obviously in that case, they can't come out and say that yet but go back to claiming a safety investigation.
It is a Suzuki...............

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back