What's this puff of black smoke? (1 Viewer)

Steve

Nitro Member
I noticed this in one of my shots from E-Town, but I didn't know what it was... this is a shot of Antron Brown's car at launch and there's big puff of black smoke out what looks like a tube between the rear wheels.

Can someone tell me what this is? Clutch dust being ejected?

Thanks,
Steve

clutch dust.....there is a tube that runs out the back of the car to expel it

BTW....thats a great pic

MM, don't lie to Steve like that!! Everyone knows that is the new secret used rear tire rubber dispersion device. It collects the spent rubber from the slicks, combines it in the mixing chamber and expells it right on the wheelie bar wheel. Thus giving it maximum traction when wheelie bar thrust is engaged. :D

Steve I am sorry my buddy MM was trying to mislead you, but what can I say about the NFC crewguys. :rolleyes:

Rapid {you can't make this stuff up at home kids} ;) :D

PS, it is a great shot Steve.

MM, don't lie to Steve like that!! Everyone knows that is the new secret used rear tire rubber dispersion device. It collects the spent rubber from the slicks, combines it in the mixing chamber and expells it right on the wheelie bar wheel. Thus giving it maximum traction when wheelie bar thrust is engaged. :D

Steve I am sorry my buddy MM was trying to mislead you, but what can I say about the NFC crewguys. :rolleyes:

Rapid {you can't make this stuff up at home kids} ;) :D

PS, it is a great shot Steve.

Ladies and Gentleman, Rapid Randy at his finest lol

that black clutch dust would look a lot worse if they weren't required to have a dust filter on the bell housing vent tube.

Hi Steve-

I didn't make it to E-town this year, so you're just the guy to answer a couple questions for me...

I noticed in your Flickr collection of (as always) great shots that you don't have any shots from the top end tower. Is it, as I suspect, too far from the 1000' mark to shoot from? That was one of the best vantage points in the sport...basically, an outdoor sports bar with traffic going by at 300+MPH.

Also, how were the crowds this year? The crowds at Bristol, Topeka, and Chicago looked very thin on ESPN2, but in the limited coverage I saw, I never got a good sense of Englishtown's turnout. The weather was something of an issue at all four races, but regional economics are also a factor, and I'm just wondering...

Thanks,
RP

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back