What's going on with Houston Live Timing? (1 Viewer)

Looks like the rain isn't clearing out until about 10 tonite. Might as well cancel it unless they want to run it then?

DRC says 1st RD of TF only had 1 pr left to run before it rained. But didn't give any results

It's been a bummer as, unlike yesterday, the rain all afternoon was just a light drizzle. I bailed around 3:20pm. Only Top Fuel pair that didn't run was Force/Kalitta. Other winners were: S. Torrence, B. Torrence, Millican, Ashley, Langdon, Antron. (Only seven pairs as the 8/9 pair was a bye due to only 14 cars.)

Houston Raceway is at Houston Raceway.​

6m · Baytown, TX ·
🚨
Attention Race Fans
🚨

Racing for today, Sunday, has been postponed due to inclement weather and will resume Monday, at 10 am. Gates will be open to the public at no charge. All Sunday ticket holders will be able to use their ticket as a credit for the 2022 SpringNationals.

WHY DON'T THEY CANCEL THIS FARCE? IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. GIVE IT UP!

Wow. You posted this at 12:58pm with lots of time left. Turned out you were right. I don't know if you are there or not. We go to Seattle every year (where it rains often) and I really appreciate NHRA's efforts when they wait as long as possible. I have been there (and Indy in 84) when the weatherman said it was supposed to rain all day, but the events were completed because the forecast was wrong. Why would you get so upset (all capital letters) because NHRA was making sure ??? I was at an AHRA event years ago when it stopped raining just after they gave up with lots of time left. Isn't that a lot worse?

WHY DON'T THEY CANCEL THIS FARCE? IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. GIVE IT UP!
Would you be so anxious to "CANCEL THIS FARCE" if you had spent the time and money to attend the event and compete? Or would you maybe be hopeful that there's a chance the race could get completed and all your effort wouldn't be wasted?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back