what kind of race trailer is this or what brand is it thank you (1 Viewer)

This should help:

Haha ... Cuba MO. When I moved to Vegas in 1994, I drove my old POS pickup cross country. The alternator went out in the middle of the night in ... Cuba MO, barely an exit off of I-44. Got a dumpy motel room and waited for the local parts store to open the next morning. By some miracle they had an alternator for me and I changed out the alternator in the hotel parking lot and was back on my way West.

This should help:

It's a 56 footer..... Remember several years ago when the State of California sent out a memo to all professional race teams about maximum trailer length? I believe 56 foot trailers are illegal in California. (not sure on exact length) Steve Torrence had to get a low boy to haul his trailer back out of the state.... which is ridiculous because the state gladly issued a permit to the hauling company in order to legally haul that long trailer on their low boy, but would NOT issue a permit to Steve Torrence to haul the trailer himself. lol.

I also seem to remember most pro teams had trailers that were at least three feet too long and they either had to be be shortened, or traded in for new trailers. And if I'm not mistaken, team Force was one of the few teams who had trailers that were perfectly legal.

torrence trailer.jpg

It's a 56 footer..... Remember several years ago when the State of California sent out a memo to all professional race teams about maximum trailer length? I believe 56 foot trailers are illegal in California. (not sure on exact length) Steve Torrence had to get a low boy to haul his trailer back out of the state.... which is ridiculous because the state gladly issued a permit to the hauling company in order to legally haul that long trailer on their low boy, but would NOT issue a permit to Steve Torrence to haul the trailer himself. lol.

I also seem to remember most pro teams had trailers that were at least three feet too long and they either had to be be shortened, or traded in for new trailers. And if I'm not mistaken, team Force was one of the few teams who had trailers that were perfectly legal.

View attachment 7444
I remember that week very well. That was when I was pulling Bodes Featherlite trailer and Featherlite didn't build 56 footers so JFR and Bob Bode was legal. But when everyone got the news in Vegas most of them with 56' trailers made the decision to leave Sun night so they could get past the Cal scales before they opened up on Mon morning. Before the next season DSR and Bob Tasca spent a lot of money shortening their trailers. But, thanks to V Gaines strong foothold in the trucking industry and going through the proper channels California changed their law and everyone can purchase permits and legally pull their 56' trailers now.

I remember that week very well. That was when I was pulling Bodes Featherlite trailer and Featherlite didn't build 56 footers so JFR and Bob Bode was legal. But when everyone got the news in Vegas most of them with 56' trailers made the decision to leave Sun night so they could get past the Cal scales before they opened up on Mon morning. Before the next season DSR and Bob Tasca spent a lot of money shortening their trailers. But, thanks to V Gaines strong foothold in the trucking industry and going through the proper channels California changed their law and everyone can purchase permits and legally pull their 56' trailers now.
Thanks for the reply, Eugene. I did not know that V helped get the California law changed... That's great! :)

i like competition trailers but they never show you any there photos on facebook lol

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back