What is your opinion, now ? (1 Viewer)

ironpony

Nitro Member
I have always said I do not believe the "pro" NHRA drivers are actually the best drivers in the sport. I have said that they are the 16 in each class that can afford to run these classes.
So now that KB is leasing engines to other teams, sort of leveling the playing field other drivers are whooping up on Greg and Jason. In TF Torrence and Salinas are no slouches either.
Discuss.

I’ve heard it mentioned several times that they are always testing new ideas on their cars so once we get close to the countdown maybe they pick up their performance. Could be the same deal for Elite. Hartford is running on par with Jeg and Erica. Nice to see McGaha win today.

I have always said I do not believe the "pro" NHRA drivers are actually the best drivers in the sport. I have said that they are the 16 in each class that can afford to run these classes.
So now that KB is leasing engines to other teams, sort of leveling the playing field other drivers are whooping up on Greg and Jason. In TF Torrence and Salinas are no slouches either.
Discuss.

Said the same thing myself for years. Competing as a driver in this sport at the professional level is one of financial opportunity for the most part, not opportunity due to one's skill. That's not to say that a percentage of drivers who have gotten an opportunity due to financial means haven't proven themselves, because several have. But make no mistake, if each team was put together with a driver that was the most qualified, whether it's one we know that's on the sidelines or someone we've never heard of before, these fields would look much different.

Sean D

There are some drivers with a very large budget that may not be the best drivers. But, I sure wouldn't have Tanner, Erica, Alex,or Jeg on the list...they are great drivers. Now, if we could just get Kyle Busch over here and strap him in a funny car.:D

Last edited:
There are some drivers with a very large budget that may not be the best drivers. But, I sure wouldn't have Tanner, Erica, Alex,or Jeg on the list...they are great drivers. Now, if we could just get Kyle Busch over here and strap him in a funny car.:D
Sure you dont mean Kurt, since he's driven PS before?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back