What is the best NHRA Racing Game ? (1 Viewer)

preacher

Nitro Member
We're not much into gaming but my 8 year old son got a Logitech steering wheel and pedal controls for Christmas and we've been playing Valusoft's 2003NHRA game and having fun with it.

My assumption is that there are much better games/software available...

What would you reccomend and on what system?

Thanks!~

Don't think the logitech stuff will work, but I have never looked into it. Just used the PS2 controllers. And yes, PS2 hooks up right to your audio/video jacks on the TV.

I've had a Logitech wheel & pedals for about 5 or 6 yrs now & it works fine with my ps2. My problem is in Pro Stock i have been 6.60 with the wheel & pedals & 6.55 with a regular controller.

I can't find the Coundown game anywhere (Wal-Mart, Target, gaming stores..). Anybody have a lead on retail outlets?

If you look at Wal-mart and such check the discount bins...Even when new, with the price under $20 it is placed in the discount bins...

My fav game is Burnout Championship Drag Racing but its a bracket racing game for the computer. I bought an Xbox instead of PS2 so I got shut out of the new PS2 games. Does NHRA have a new PC version thats decent?

Gran Turismo, Gran Turismo, Gran Turismo.

You'll get much more use out of that Logitech steering wheel and pedals playing Gran Turismo 4, than some ninny drag racing game. So a PS3 would be my choice, especially since GT5 will be coming out in a few months.

My fav game is Burnout Championship Drag Racing but its a bracket racing game for the computer.

Burnout is my favorite also. I wish they had kept working on it. I have Burnout, PCE Burnout and PIRA Burnout but mainly play the original Burnout. My son and I like to play against each other on our home network.

have they improved the load time in the recent games?

It used to drive me nuts how long it would take to go from the pits to making a pass. I never understood why they didn't use the same architecture as the football games where a play is called then you instantly go to the game. It turned me off from ever getting on of the drag racing games as much as I would like one

Yep, I got mine at Walmart for $14.82. I think the PS2 game is far superior to the couple PC versions.

Not a chance in hell.. I have been running leagues for the NHRA pc series of games since the beginning...I didnt even buy the PS2 game My brother told me DONT Buy it i will let you borrow mine..Well he dropped the game off about two weeks after it was out and he never asked forit back..Its sitting here in about 7 inches of dust... I played the game for about a week(PSB is the only cool class in it)

PJ The load times have definatly improved a ton.. This is By far the best Drag game for a console ever made(But IMHO the pc games are way better)

On a sort of tangent... I just got a Wii for my son, more for me I guess. I haven't looked too much. Doesn't anyone else have one? Good game recommendations?

have they improved the load time in the recent games?

It used to drive me nuts how long it would take to go from the pits to making a pass. I never understood why they didn't use the same architecture as the football games where a play is called then you instantly go to the game. It turned me off from ever getting on of the drag racing games as much as I would like one

Come on PJ... Have you never sat in the Staging Lanes in real life? :D

Patience buddy... Its good time to think about if you made the right decisions about the tune-up you just plugged in!!

My favorite that I play all of the time is the NHRAX for pc. It was the last one with the real RacePak that you could actually tune off of. After loading a few of the patches, the thing worked flawlessly and was very realistic in tuning. I have all of the pc games, and I only use this one. Still waiting for one as good as this one. So far- no go.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back