What I did when my DirecTV went down!! (1 Viewer)

Bullard Anderson

Nitro Member
Saturday morning with 45MPH winds my DirecTV dish went out of position (I assume) therefore rendering my TV searching for signal. So, here's what I got into VHS-wise to get me through Monday.

1997 Memphis, Cruz's big fire. Jim Head wins in Top Fuel with the Close Calls folks :mad:
1998 Winternationals: Dixon and Capps Double.
1998 (maybe 97?) Kalitta wins with ACE crew chief.
...and a heaping handful of Pro Stock Truck action.

I also saw on various races: Cory Lee subbing for Tom Hoover. Richie Stevens driving for Shawn Collins. Al Hofmann's all white body with simply a Classic Chevy decal on the back. A Tommy Johnson promo for TNN wearing the old MOPAR colors, and Frankie P winning back to back at Ohio and St. Louis.

In other words, I raided the library.
Better than sitting around watching Law and Order, eh!
:D:D

Cool. Those 80's & 90's videos ARE nice to look back on aren't they? Dare I say not "too ancient" to where the car looks & drivers are "obscure" per se ... yet it's funny to see people get all excited about a 4 second run at just over 295 mph, and neato to see some very fmiliar names & faces that are still very much active today.

Saturday morning with 45MPH winds my DirecTV dish went out of position (I assume) therefore rendering my TV searching for signal. So, here's what I got into VHS-wise to get me through Monday.

A good argument for cable! We have DirectTV at the office - wind, rainstorms, sunspots and more screw up the signal. . . $89 a month. Cox fiber optic cable (with every movie and sports channel) at home for three HD receivers and lightning fast internet - $122.

Jim, I must watch every Redskins game. That requires DirecTV unfortunately.

I forgot to mention watching '98 LoneStar Nationals, 1st round, KB rolls to the line and doesn't hit the nitro. Apparently as Lee Beard said in the interview, "The crew didn't put any oil in the engine." That's a WOW!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back