What drag it is getting old (1 Viewer)

You don't even have to be that old to be falling apart. My shoulder has arthritis in it, and my knees hurt from driving my brothers stupid car 500 miles without cruise control, his stupid car also does not have arm rests for my aching shoulder, not to mention somebody put the electric stairs up without telling me and I went from one very tall step to the ground very quickly. My tailbone hurts from driving my brothers stupid little car, and since it's nice and cold outside, now my fingers hurt.

Yes, it's hell getting old.

You don't even have to be that old to be falling apart. My shoulder has arthritis in it, and my knees hurt from driving my brothers stupid car 500 miles without cruise control, his stupid car also does not have arm rests for my aching shoulder, not to mention somebody put the electric stairs up without telling me and I went from one very tall step to the ground very quickly. My tailbone hurts from driving my brothers stupid little car, and since it's nice and cold outside, now my fingers hurt.

So Jenn...........tell us how you REALLY feel about your brother's car!!!:D

So, sounds like you don't like your brother's car too much, Jenn?:D By the way, just curious, do you understand what Cruz is saying lately at the end of his interviews. I can figure out Viva la Raza but the rest of it comes too fast. I studied Latin in college (I'm so old that Caesar was my teacher) so I can usually roughly translate written material in any of the Romance languages, but when it's spoken, it comes too fast for me to look for nouns and verbs!

I do a 180 mile, 2 day bike ride that benefits MS. I have been doing it for 14 yrs. This year they had pickle juice at the rest stops along side the gatorade and water. I thought it was a joke or a slang for some other form of refreshment that I wasn't aware of cause I only drink water (till it is beer time anyway!!).
I asked the ladies that were helping serve at one of the stops and she said it really was pickle juice. Apparently, it helps with muscle cramps as it is very high in potassium. I don't have muscle cramps (yet), and asked her if it helped out with a sore @$$, and she said no. Just muscle cramps.
If it works, that's great, I just can't imagine swigging pickle juice!!

I do a 180 mile, 2 day bike ride that benefits MS. I have been doing it for 14 yrs. This year they had pickle juice at the rest stops along side the gatorade and water. I thought it was a joke or a slang for some other form of refreshment that I wasn't aware of cause I only drink water (till it is beer time anyway!!).
I asked the ladies that were helping serve at one of the stops and she said it really was pickle juice. Apparently, it helps with muscle cramps as it is very high in potassium. I don't have muscle cramps (yet), and asked her if it helped out with a sore @$$, and she said no. Just muscle cramps.
If it works, that's great, I just can't imagine swigging pickle juice!!

My husband LOOOOOVES pickle juice!!! They sell it in popsicle form out at Six Flags. I can understand why now! You get so darn hot out there that you cramp up! They are called "Bob's Pickle Pops"!!!

So, sounds like you don't like your brother's car too much, Jenn?:D By the way, just curious, do you understand what Cruz is saying lately at the end of his interviews. I can figure out Viva la Raza but the rest of it comes too fast. I studied Latin in college (I'm so old that Caesar was my teacher) so I can usually roughly translate written material in any of the Romance languages, but when it's spoken, it comes too fast for me to look for nouns and verbs!

I can understand him for the most part but I usually don't pay attention to Cruz.

I understand spanish better than I can speak it, but I'm by no means fluent in understanding it either. Growing up, my parents didn't speak to us in spanish, they spoke about us in spanish. :p

My mom's second language is english, and my dad's second language is spanish. Two billingual parents, great huh? My Mom knows "New Mexican Spanish or spanglish" and my Dad knows Castillian or College spanish. I would ask one of them for help in high school and college and they'd tell me something and then be off and for the next issue, I'd ask the other and they'd look over my work, tell me what the other told me was wrong, start arguing, forget I existed until I gave up and went to bed.

Last edited:
My husband LOOOOOVES pickle juice!!! They sell it in popsicle form out at Six Flags. I can understand why now! You get so darn hot out there that you cramp up! They are called "Bob's Pickle Pops"!!!

I thought all the salt and brine in pickle juice just zapped potassium out of your body :confused:

Nebraski.... "(I'm so old that Caesar was my teacher)"

Are we talking Sid here, Mister Romero, or a salad?

d'kid

Cruz should be proud of his heritage ! As I recall it was a Mexican guy who first used Nitro as a power adder.
We would not have this site if he had not tipped the bottle !
That's another good thing about being a conservative , color doesn't matter as much as values.

Cruz should be proud of his heritage ! As I recall it was a Mexican guy who first used Nitro as a power adder.
That's another good thing about being a conservative , color doesn't matter as much as values.
Larry, just so I'm clear here, I have no problem with Cruz being proud of his heritage--I just am curious about what he is saying--I can pick up some of the words, but not enough to get the full meaning. Thought Jenn might be able to help, but sounds like her linguistic background is as jumbled as mine! But I can say good morning, hello, thank you, and my radio is broken in my native Danish!:p

And I go running for the shelter of my mother's little helpers...

It's all good now that the pain pills have kicked in, along with the cold meds, the hot pads, and the headphones....

d'kid

I posed the question of nitro's first use in a drag car to the Old Man. Here was his response:

Mitch:
In America the date was in 1947, the place, the back perimeter road at the Santa Ana airport, now the John Wayne Airport. between a blown street car and a "Fuel" flathead Ford. The Ford had Nitro and won the race! However the Germans used nitro in 1939 to set all FIA Standing Kilometer Records with Rear Engine, V-12, blown race cars with Zoomie headers! Go figure!

Don Garlits

Thought Jenn might be able to help, but sounds like her linguistic background is as jumbled as mine! But I can say good morning, hello, thank you, and my radio is broken in my native Danish!:p

Hey now, I can cuss pretty well in English, Spanish, and Sign Language :p:D :cool:

The Primary reason I started losing the weight I have is my Back was just Killing Me! Last year I started noticing that I couldn't walk the Pits for even 20-30 minutes without my back just aggravating me to no end! And now I'm having a Hip problem! My left hip for whatever reason loves to pop out and I'll feel a Pain sensation in my Left hip and I have to give it a Swift kick to pop it back in!

Yes it does Suck to get old!!!:confused:

You damn well better be able to walk the pits! I'm old, decrepit and borderline senile (since I was 12!). The only adult non-family members I get to talk to these days seem all to have "ologist" in their title. Ya know what I mean? Urologist, cardiologist, rhuemotologist, hemotologist, gerontologist, not to mention the physical therapist, and neurologist. What's next? Psychiatrist? So you get and STAY well. You may end up being my only source for eye candy! If your feet start to hurting get yer butt to a podiatrist. No wait, take yer butt to a proctologist and yer feet to...

Larry, just so I'm clear here, I have no problem with Cruz being proud of his heritage--I just am curious about what he is saying--I can pick up some of the words, but not enough to get the full meaning. Thought Jenn might be able to help, but sounds like her linguistic background is as jumbled as mine! But I can say good morning, hello, thank you, and my radio is broken in my native Danish!:p

I didn't intend any thing other than it is , about Hispanic heritage.
I grew up in New Mexico and my friends ancestors were running around the Desert SW a long time before the Long Knives got there. LOL

People are people till they prove different as far as I'm concerned .

I found the reference to the first guy to use Nitro in a Drag Race car on the Old Mater a few years ago in a thread that had the firsts in drag racing and who was credited with names like Zoomies , Rails , Funny Cars and the guy from SO Cal who first used Nitro in a race application.

You damn well better be able to walk the pits! I'm old, decrepit and borderline senile (since I was 12!). The only adult non-family members I get to talk to these days seem all to have "ologist" in their title. Ya know what I mean? Urologist, cardiologist, rhuemotologist, hemotologist, gerontologist, not to mention the physical therapist, and neurologist. What's next? Psychiatrist? So you get and STAY well. You may end up being my only source for eye candy! If your feet start to hurting get yer butt to a podiatrist. No wait, take yer butt to a proctologist and yer feet to...

Don't Worry there Bob, I won't let you down!:p;):eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back