What do you think was the greatest college football BOWL game ever played? (1 Viewer)

The Swegian

Nitro Member
In light of all the college bowl games airing this week, especially on ESPN while ESPN Classic is airing some of the more memorable bowl games, what do you consider the greatest bowl game ever played?

One of the more memorable ones I recall is the 1980 Holiday Bowl, that pitted BYU (with QB Jim McMahon) against SMU (featuring RB's Craig James and Eric Dickerson). BYU trailed by 20 points with just over 2-1/2 minutes to play and scored 21 points in the final 2:33 to win 46-45, the final score being a McMahon Hail Mary pass to Clay Brown.

For best college game ever, bowl or otherwise, one could argue the merits of the 1984 BC-Miami game where Flutie threw the 60 yard TD pass to Gerard Phalen.

The Fiesta Bowl in 07 when Boise St tied the game on the last play from scrimmage on the hook and ladder then won in OT on the Statue of Liberty to beat Oklahoma....by far the best Bowl game I have ever seen

any game where Ohio State gets beat :)

don't know, there have been so many

any game where Ohio State gets beat :)

don't know, there have been so many

PJ, on ESPN Classic, they've been airing the 1978 Gator Bowl pitting OSU vs. Clemson. Yep, that was the game that led to the firing of OSU coach Woody Hayes when he punched a Clemson linebacker after a late interception that sealed the victory for Clemson.

Mike, I forgot about that Boise St. game. Indeed, that was a thrilling game.

All total: the Texas vs. USC game was the best.

Personally:

1996. Scott Stadium. Virginia rallies from a 17-3 deficeit to beat #5 North Carolina.

Here you guys go:

FOX Sports on MSN - COLLEGE FOOTBALL - Top five best BCS bowl games - Number 1

But I think they got it wrong. I still think there No 2 should be No 1. That was an awesome night that I wont ever forget. I was on the edge of my seat the whole game. From the moment Leinart announced he was coming back to USC and then with Reggie Bush winning the Heisman, and good ole Vince outdueled both of them that night. He was unstoppable. Too bad he's apparently lost it now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back