Well, that was close. Almost lost these pictures. (1 Viewer)

Here's the Kosty photo from my avatar. Englishtown, 1975.

img371.jpg

Good thing you found them. Cool pic's. I sure wouldn't want to crash Rotty's car with that big ole bar right next to my melon

Let me try this again. Photos of Frank Townsend's Pro Stock being built.

Scan0001.jpg

Funny you should mention this car. We had some photos in an old box of it as it was being built and I finally took the time to fine them.

Hey Gino,
That looks like Townsend's building at 1180 W. Glenn in Tucson, is it? That's about a mile from my shop. I spent many dollars there

Hey Gino,
That looks like Townsend's building at 1180 W. Glenn in Tucson, is it? That's about a mile from my shop. I spent many dollars there

You could very well be right Alan, but I can't say for certain. In '74 I was only 10, but always remember when Frank, Kevin and at least one other guy were out here in So. Cal. racing. This team at that time was one of the teams my dad was working with. They did well and seemed like nice guys.

A few years ago at the CHRR Frank Townsend came by our pits to say hi and some time there after we heard Kevin passed away.

Good thing you found them. Cool pic's. I sure wouldn't want to crash Rotty's car with that big ole bar right next to my melon

Whenever I look at the various cars from that era it amazes me how many of the old time racers are still alive with what they had for "safety" back then.

Nice pictures, BTW.

I'm positive that's the old Townsend's Racing Works in Tucson. The building is currently being cleaned out as it was sold after Frank died last year. I was just there a couple of weeks ago. A lot of history in that building......
Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back