Well, that was close. Almost lost these pictures. (1 Viewer)

TSK

Staff member
Nitro Member
My wife and I are in the process of trying to clean out our current home, attempting to get rid of stuff we've accumulated for the past 32+ years. She had placed a box, with an old sewing machine in it, out to be taken to the local Goodwill store. As I was loading it into my truck I happened to open the box and found a manila envelope. Inside were these pictures I shot at Indy in 1979.
I still have the negatives but, after 38 years, they have faded terribly and would not print well.

Good thing you found them. Cool pic's. I sure wouldn't want to crash Rotty's car with that big ole bar right next to my melon

Glad you found them can't replace history, good luck finding someone to print from negatives. I have some from my Dad that I wanted printed, seems no one does it anymore.

thanks I may try to contact them, I do not need them now, i was going to print them for my Dads 90th birthday, but I may have them printed anyway if possible.

Looking at those pics has me pretty excited to get to the March Meet tomorrow. I can't wait to see the new rear motor Top Fuel class.:D

Great save, I would like to see about getting a copy of the Kosty shot for my Kosty collection if I could Ted?

Glad you found them can't replace history, good luck finding someone to print from negatives. I have some from my Dad that I wanted printed, seems no one does it anymore.
Ken, have the negatives digitized so you can get prints, I have digitized many slides and negatives for people so they can save the memories.

Ken, glad you found them. Thanks for sharing.

Ken, have the negatives digitized so you can get prints, I have digitized many slides and negatives for people so they can save the memories.

Agreed. I have hundreds of slides from the late 70's from Englishtown. My daughter bought me a scanner (less than $100) several years ago. I have uploaded many of them to my external hard drive. My current avatar is one of them.

Last edited:
Back when the cars still looked like the manufacturers versions!
Differently painted door stops now!
Sweet pictures great times!

Ken, glad you found them. Thanks for sharing.

Agreed. I have hundreds of slides from the last 70's from Englishtown. My daughter bought me a scanner (less than $100) several years ago. I have uploaded many of them to my external hard drive. My current avatar is one of them.
Rick, Love the avatar, I'd be interested in any Kosty shots you have for my Kosty collection?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back