Watus Simpson passed away (1 Viewer)

Muddy

Nitro Member
I know this won't mean alot to most on this forum but we lost another of the true good guys and pioneers of our sport.

Watus Ray Simpson of Grand Prairie, Texas, went to be with the Lord on Sunday, February 24, 2013, in Dallas, Texas. He was 80 years old.
Watus was born on July 25, 1932, in Caney, Oklahoma, to Bill and Lois Simpson. He married Ellen Yvonne Price in Quanah, Texas, on May 28, 1955.
Watus was a member of the NHRA hall of fame and was a retired cabinet maker. His main hobby was going to drag races.
Watus is survived by his wife, Yvonne Simpson; sons, Kevin Simpson and wife, Amber, and Darren Simpson and wife, Dee Dee; grandchildren, Brittany, Brandon and Jordan; sisters, Millie and Fadra; brothers, A.B., Floyd and Doug; and several newphes and nieces.
He wass preceded in death my his brothers, Nathan, Harvey, Roger and Billy Ray.
Visitation: 6 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, February 27, 2013, in the Brooks Family Chapel at North Dallas Funeral Home, 2710 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch, TX 75234.
Celebration of Life Service: 10 a.m. on Thursday, February 28, 2013, at the funeral home. Burial will follow at 2:00 p.m. in Caddo, Oklahoma.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests donations in Waltus' memory be made to the American Diabetes Association.
Please send family condlolences and sign the guestbook on this website.

I remember a photo of him with a fuel mask that had one large filter in the center instead of the two normal ones. Kind of looked like a pig snout.

That Vance Hunt car is so cool looking. Those were surely the days.

RIP Watus.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back