View From Someone's First NHRA Drag Race. (1 Viewer)

That wasn't as bad as I feared after reading the comments. But face it the car gene is missing in some males and this guy doesn't sound like a car guy.

That's very prevalent today... a lot of today's "men"... aren't, IMO. I see a lot of them in my shop, or at car shows, but very few at the races. These guys usually ask questions such as "I've got a 6 cylinder Mustang, couldn't see buying the V8 model, but how can I make mine run like a V8?" (I've actually been asked this THREE times now by diferent people!). Basic "common car sense" that we learned from our fathers, uncles, grandfathers, etc. just isn't present as much today. Add the constant "male bashing" seen on TV, in the movies, etc... you get the point (or I hope you do!).

The guy that wrote this was embellishing things about the crowd, but I did detect that the performance of the racecars made an impression. Maybe there's hope yet... :)

I agree that this guy is missing the "car gene" and probably won't go to another race. That means one less wasted seat. I have taken friends to the races before and some of them never go to another one. Others get hook and go all the time. I like baseball, basketball, football and NASCAR but I would not spend the money for a ticket, or write anything that sounds negative about it. I will try to make Indy, Norwalk, Chicago, Englishtown, and Vegas in October. See you at the drag races.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back