Verizon DSL and Direct TV questions (1 Viewer)

Kelly Raquipiso

Nitro Member
Anyone have experience with Verizon DSL or Direct TV? Verizon has made an offer that would save us about $70 month if we bundle with them. I'm a big believer in you get what you pay for, but I wonder if Cox cable has just run unopposed so long in this market that I'm over-paying? Pros and cons regarding Verizon and Direct TV would be greatly appreciated.

Kelly, I'm locked into Direct TV for a year and then I think I'll make the change to verizon. I figured that it will save me about $50 per month for about the same service.

Depends on the speed of the DSL, most of those "bundles" usually include the crappy speed (1.5mbps or less as opposed to 6mbps for cable). Ask them how fast it is and if you can upgrade for a little more.

Anyone have experience with Verizon DSL or Direct TV? Verizon has made an offer that would save us about $70 month if we bundle with them. I'm a big believer in you get what you pay for, but I wonder if Cox cable has just run unopposed so long in this market that I'm over-paying? Pros and cons regarding Verizon and Direct TV would be greatly appreciated.

Kelly... I use Cox and I love it... After the Sign up Deal... They're both about the same in the long run... and Cox is tons faster.... But, don't think about Cavalier... Played on Verizon next door, Jessie used to come over here to my puter... at times my Pentacle dial up was quicker than her folks verizon... but that was 5 years ago...

I recently switched from Comcast to a Dish Network/AT&T bundle package. The TV package is much better, you have a lot more channels for both regular TV and HDTV. For the DSL you have to upgrade to at least the mid package (3mps) to get the same type of internet browsing speeds, honestly I can not tell the difference. The part that made this an easy decision is when the salesman told me I will be saving $75 per month for the first year and $25 per month after that, I do not turn away free money.

For those of you thinking of getting FIOS. Depending on where you are the Verizon FIOS service you get may not be totally FIOS when it comes to the TV portion. In towns where they need to get a cable TV license and have not ogtten them, they use Direct TV for the "cable" portion. Here in Mass they have some towns that are totally FIOS, but in my town they have not gotten a cable TV license yet. They have actually scaled back offering FIOS to any new tows until they get caught up gettting the proper licenses in those towns that have have already applied. If my town gives them the license we will have 3 cable companies to choose from. Comcast, Verizon, and my towns electric light company. I get my cable, phone, and internet through them. Our electric light company was actually founded by Thomas Watson, as in "Mr. Watson! Come here; I want to see you!" fame.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back