Valvoline (1 Viewer)

Nazgul

Nitro Member
Great news from them, but what happened?
A couple weeks ago David Powers & long time Valvoline sponsored Hot Rod Fuller weren't going to have them in '07 because Valvoline wanted to concentrate & spend more on the Nascar side of things. Now it seems as though they're actually increasing their involvement in drag racing.

Did someone come to their senses?

who needs a wife swap when you can have a sponsor swap... Will Baze be team mates with Fuller?

Vince, Valvoline never said they were going to spend more in NASCAR, all the folks on the internet did.:D

Straight from NHRA, it sounds like the divorce was Powers' decision.

Top Fuel team owner David Powers has announced that he has elected not to renew his sponsorship agreement with Valvoline Motor Oil for the 2007 season.

Straight from NHRA, it sounds like the divorce was Powers' decision.

Top Fuel team owner David Powers has announced that he has elected not to renew his sponsorship agreement with Valvoline Motor Oil for the 2007 season.

I thought about that when I read it too Glenn. By the way, my dad says hello.

Also, from NHRA, it looks like some of Matco's dollars that Shoe was getting is sponsoring Powers' 2nd fueler. Wonder why that is? Enquiring minds would like to know. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm :rolleyes:

Valvoline will be replacing Lucas on the DSR cars. The Torco we know and love is Torco Race Fuels...not Torco Oil.

I'm happy Valvoline decided to stick around with Rod.

Word on the street was Bob Newberry had lost his deal and was going to retire and move to his house he built in the carolina's.

Vince, Valvoline never said they were going to spend more in NASCAR, all the folks on the internet did.:D

Thanks Mike, you're right. But, wasn't it reported that the new Valvoline deal Powers' initially declined, wouldn't have allowed them to run the entire 2007 NHRA Powerade schedule? Or am I confusing quality reporting with internet chatter (or gossip) again?:D :)

Newberry was sitting in the front row for the press conference yesterday and the Valvoline spokesman and Ron Capps both made sure to emphasize that the DSR deal was not coming at the expense of Valvoline's long relationships with the Sportsman racers, many of whom were present. They also said Valvoline would be the primary sponsor on Dan Fletcher's Stock and Super Stock cars for at least the next two years.

Just goes to prove you can't believe eveything you read on the Internet.

Oh, yeah, and neither David Rief nor Alan Reinhart has talked with anyone at ESPN about the supposedly "done deal" for the 2007 broadcasts - at least that's what both of them told me. I don't think either of them would lie to me - if the rumors were true, they might clam up, but they would not flatly deny it.

- Larry

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back