Us natl tv coverage (1 Viewer)

Jer

Nitro Member
THat was pretty rough,glad i recorded. 45 min of the 1st rd recap that we just saw an hr ago was not needed and for the love of god who is so music happy on fs1 that they have to play music during pro stock elims. annoying and we dont want to hear your stupid music,we want to hear the cars. We dont need 4 replays on 2 fast 2 tasty challenge either. Interview some drivers and cc instead of showing rerun after rerun. Ok rant over lol

there were a lot of replays. tried to watch funny car shootout sunday. turned it off after 20 min. of nothing and they were only thru introduction of 2 of 8 drivers.
jeremy, i agree that more interviews would be a good thing; drivers, CC's, or even fans.

Last edited:
It certainly seemed disjointed for sure.

I could have sworn they had live coverage in years past. Which I understand can be a challenge with weather, oil down, or accident. But still.

I have it recorded but haven't watched it. Watched the eliminations on Nhra.tv. They did show the Big Mac Diamond P intro.

It certainly seemed disjointed for sure.

I could have sworn they had live coverage in years past. Which I understand can be a challenge with weather, oil down, or accident. But still.
They did have live coverage in years past.

Pretty funny, LOL. I recorded the two Fox shows on Monday, and whatever came on national Fox after words (in case it went over).
Can’t stand listening to clueless NHRA.TV car audio, so Fox seemed like a viable option (Fox audio is also horrible but @least it is kind of there)
Everything recorded EXCEPT Fox national. Direct TV explanation- who ever owns the copyright DOES NOT ALLOW recording of their events!
Also to those that complain about NHRA.TV garbage audio, please flood them with your complaints, they do not answer email, so just send every day over and over

Pretty funny, LOL. I recorded the two Fox shows on Monday, and whatever came on national Fox after words (in case it went over).
Can’t stand listening to clueless NHRA.TV car audio, so Fox seemed like a viable option (Fox audio is also horrible but @least it is kind of there)
Everything recorded EXCEPT Fox national. Direct TV explanation- who ever owns the copyright DOES NOT ALLOW recording of their events!
Also to those that complain about NHRA.TV garbage audio, please flood them with your complaints, they do not answer email, so just send every day over and over
Ive been complaing since day one of nhratv. Emailed,social media etc etc,nothing ever gets done,so i wont pay for it. Prob have alot more subscribers if this was fixed,the car audio needs to be like the current announcer is and vice versa lol.

THat was pretty rough,glad i recorded. 45 min of the 1st rd recap that we just saw an hr ago was not needed and for the love of god who is so music happy on fs1 that they have to play music during pro stock elims. annoying and we dont want to hear your stupid music,we want to hear the cars. We dont need 4 replays on 2 fast 2 tasty challenge either. Interview some drivers and cc instead of showing rerun after rerun. Ok rant over lol
Rant more, JW, really sick of the disrespectful way Fox and NHRA.TV are treating our awesome sport!

haven't watched everything yet, even yesterday was busy so didn't catch 100% of the show. have some of shows recorded and hope to watch soon.
what i really like about recent coverage, and not sure if it started to show a lot from the BIR show or previous, is the use of the drone. love the unique shots provided.
should try to fly down nitro alley as a few teams are warming up. the straight up shots off the line are the best, and the drone can then follow them off line for a little ways.
don't need helicopter or blimp anymore.

at least j. galvin is commentating AND racing. E1 loss in SC, made it to final @ beech the weekend prior.
nhra has unique problem of having really great talent. i thought the entire fox crew was great over the entire race.
i especially enjoyed listening to Herb McCandless on the youtube feed friday during the hemi shootout sessions.

haven't watched everything yet, even yesterday was busy so didn't catch 100% of the show. have some of shows recorded and hope to watch soon.
what i really like about recent coverage, and not sure if it started to show a lot from the BIR show or previous, is the use of the drone. love the unique shots provided.
should try to fly down nitro alley as a few teams are warming up. the straight up shots off the line are the best, and the drone can then follow them off line for a little ways.
don't need helicopter or blimp anymore.
I like the idea of Nitro Alley. But I think the drone would have to get too low to be able to see the crews thrashing and the warms ups and not bonk a spectator in the head with the drone while doing it.

I like the idea of Nitro Alley. But I think the drone would have to get too low to be able to see the crews thrashing and the warms ups and not bonk a spectator in the head with the drone while doing it.
no, just fly it high enough to be safe and capture the fans, the sound of engines warming up, and the nitro clouds.

no, just fly it high enough to be safe and capture the fans, the sound of engines warming up, and the nitro clouds.
Oh, gotcha. That makes sense.

When I was on the roof of the tower a couple of years ago at VMP that thing buzzed up right in front me and a couple of other guys just feet away. Kind of startled us. Not in like a dangerous manner, just wasn't expecting something like that buzzing straight up as opposed to seeing it coming from the front. lol.

I may be an outlier, but I normally tape the show and watch later, sometimes the same day.

Fast forward past the intro, commercials, most driver interviews. A 3 hour show can be comfortably watched in less than an hour if distilled to the runs, selected replays, and only a few interviews.

I may be an outlier, but I normally tape the show and watch later, sometimes the same day.

Fast forward past the intro, commercials, most driver interviews. A 3 hour show can be comfortably watched in less than an hour if distilled to the runs, selected replays, and only a few interviews.
I missed the first hour of Network Fox early coverage; recorded the last two. I figured I'd watch the first hour on the FS1 coverage at 10:30 pm but over an hour later they were still covering college volleyball. So I just blew the first hour off.

Yep, too much music/ They don't play music during any other motorsports events I'm aware of so why here. And for the life of me I don't understand the nitro audio. I realize it takes quality equipment that won't clip the triple-digit dB but Fox should have that covered. There's amateur video all over YouTube that's 5 X more realistic than what Fox Sports plays. Come on, Fox - are you worried it'll be too loud for the folks at home?

I missed the first hour of Network Fox early coverage; recorded the last two. I figured I'd watch the first hour on the FS1 coverage at 10:30 pm but over an hour later they were still covering college volleyball. So I just blew the first hour off.

Yep, too much music/ They don't play music during any other motorsports events I'm aware of so why here. And for the life of me I don't understand the nitro audio. I realize it takes quality equipment that won't clip the triple-digit dB but Fox should have that covered. There's amateur video all over YouTube that's 5 X more realistic than what Fox Sports plays. Come on, Fox - are you worried it'll be too loud for the folks at home?
Some1 is seriously music happy on fs1 and needs to be FIRED lol

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back