U.S. Natls pics 1978! (1 Viewer)

Those were awesome! I even saw the "Pleasure Seekers" and the "Nirvana" car! Wow! I am not sure who was driving the "Pleasure Seekers" car because I think my Dad was done with it by 1978, but Hank Endres was in the "Nirvana" car. That car had an awesome paint job. It just lit up out in the sun. I see Chipper Brown in the front seat of the pick-up too!

I loved racing in those days. Everyone had a "Sleeper" on their truck. We used to have so much fun going on trips and being able to stretch out was a very good thing considering my parents had 3 monkeys in the back seat and our dog "Ring-Ding"!!!:D

The Wally in Pic 82 is in the showroom here....that is Chris Alston all the way to the left in the picture!
The Yuill brothers have a Triumph motorcycle dealership in Reno, I stopped in there a couple of years ago. I actually briefly drove the J 2000 that Chris built for the Yuill brothers, and I thought they might find it amusing to see pictures of it in C/EA trim.
Tim

I just wanted to say thank you. My dad was in the far lane in one of the pictures of Don. He will love seeing it.

thank you; almost get goosebumps looking at them.
an era long gone, regardless of your age at the time.

Those were great, brought back a lot of memories! Saw 'Goose, '240 Gordies' Bubble-Up, 'Aces' American Home Shield, Blue Max, 'Lil John' Lombardo, Force, all race in Boise about two weeks before that Indy race.

WOW, allot of memories for me in these pics. Started going to the drags in the 60's as a kid, but then not again till the late 70's. Lee Shepard and Bob Glidden were my favs, but always love the fuellers too. Use to like Snow till the truth bout him came out. But Gar was always a favorite of mine. Thanks allot for the walk down memory lane.

These are not of the quality of UK's, but 30 years later, I remember Indy as if it was yesterday!!
Safe race weekend to all those racing and attending the Big Go!
Keep'm lit!
RO

click ricko999/INDY/

Those are just beautiful photos. Looking at them brings a lot of smiles to my face and some also want to make me cry.

Dave

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back