Two fastest speeds you've been apart from flying in a commercial aircraft? (1 Viewer)

Hutch

Nitro Member
What are the two fastest speeds you've been apart from flying in a commercial aircraft?

The fastest l've been is 140 mph on a Tandem Skydive in Florida two years ago, the second fastest is 120 mph in 4 seconds on the Top Thrill Dragster rollercoaster at Cedar Point Amusement Park, Ohio in 1995.

Click on Cedar Point Amusement Park, The Roller Coaster Capital of the World! then on All The Rides, if you've got broadband you can watch a POV video of the Top Thrill Dragster rollercoaster and all the other rides. l've visited Cedar Point nine times, Cedar Point has more white knuckle rides than any other amusement park in the world and Maverick it's 17TH ROLLERCOASTER is under construction. :cool: :cool:

Driving one day the sports station said hey motorsport fans do we have a prize for you, call in to win.

I'm thinking drag racing so I call and end up being one of the winners. It ends up being a nascar deal and I'm not a nascar fan but the prize was cool. I got to do a few laps around MIS as a rider in a nascar. It was cool, the speed was fun, I actually wanted more than the roughly 170mph we did. Those cars really don't accerlate like I thought they would but going around the curve the first lap I kept thinking ok, the tires should break loose and we'll smack the wall anytime now. I did gain an appreciation for those guys though since they race with 30 or so of them like that.

They had an in car camera I didn't know about, watching the video I had the goofiest smile. They were shockld saying most people look nervous yet I looked like it wsn't enough I wanted more.

Now if we could ok get a 2 seater nitro car.....yeah its true I like to go fast :)

I drove an INDY type car at Texas Motor Speedway. It was a birthday present my wife got for me to make up for our short lived move to Kentucky. My fastest lap was 156.233 MPH...probably the most fun I've ever had. Also gained more respect for the drivers that drive those cars three wide at that track. At 156mph it doesn't look wide enough for side by side racing.

I used to have a Honda rc51 that was pretty fast. On the way home from work I would take a road that was as straight as can be for 6 1/2 miles and very little traffic on it and "open it up"!!! The fastest I ever had it up to was 167 mph and it sounded great!!!:D If I ever saw traffic coming I would slow down, but one time I didnt see a guy riding a bicycle in the middle of the road. I slowed as soon as I saw him, but still passed him at 110-120mph while blowing the horn to get out of the road.:D :eek: I turned around farther down the road and came back to "get another look". When he heard me coming back he began to call me several "choice names" and tell me "I was #1 with both hands":p
I never road the bike that fast again I guess because it spooked me as to how things could have turned out alot worse IF this guy was riding in the middle of my lane instead of the middle of the road. My wife was so happy that I sold the bike not long after I got my Super comp license.

137 mph on I-295...clocked by 2 Florida State Troopers,and no I didn't get a ticket.

117 mph in my Dodge race car at Gainesville Raceway.

Around 155-160 in my C5 at BIR

165+ in a modded Hyabusa that was still pulling so hard that when I let off the gas I felt like I was going to go over the handle bars! Bike would have def been deep in the 200 mph barrier but didnt have the balls.

Around 155-160 in my C5 at BIR

165+ in a modded Hyabusa that was still pulling so hard that when I let off the gas I felt like I was going to go over the handle bars! Bike would have def been deep in the 200 mph barrier but didnt have the balls.

Hey Dan , those Hayabusas are SCARY fast!!! A friend at work has the blue/silver Busa and that in-line 4 SCREAMS!!!

Retirement gift to self, 30 lap Richard Petty Driving Experience, at Charlotte Motor Spreedway (Lowe's). My best lap was 155. probaby hit 175-180 straightaway speeds. Best damn $1100 I ever spent. Send me your donations and I'll do it again. Thank you.
Bob

Hopefully in the next 2 years or so, I plan to go back to Hawleys to take the Alcohol course and upgrade my Super comp license. I cant afford to run in Alcohol category, but I would like to experience speeds 250 and up.:D

170 twice as a passenger in the Petty Ride along at both Daytona and Charlotte. 120 myself driving on the Fla Turnpike in a rental. My speedometer only went to 85 and my friend was yelling at me to slow down over the CB. I figure I was only doing 95 tops. Those orange tree gets boring after a while :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back