Turnaround video (1 Viewer)

Stacy Curtis

Nitro Member
Anybody got a copy of a nitro turnaround in the pits? I am trying to get one for an automtive class at a technical school. We were hoping to get one fromt he time the car comes in the pits until it is fired up. Any footage would be great. jsut let me know how to get a hold of it. Thanks Stacy

Re: Trnaround video

I have analog vid of a turnaround from start to finish, but it is from behind the car. At the ropes with the other fans. Can't see everything that great from that point of view, but gives a good idea of what they do.
One is the strivectin top fueler crew and the other is the matco funny car crew. They are Sunday turnarounds when the car comes in hot and it's a full on thrash. From start to finish. Not sure if it can help ya ??? but I could put it on vhs tape if you want. ????

Here is a high speed youtube of Scotty Cannon: (turn your speaker volume down)

YouTube - NHRA cannon video

Last edited:

That was by far my favorite O car. That grey color was the best. I think they should run that scheme every now and then.

dood i did that cannon video like 4 years ago where did you find it?

I wanted to film one last year and never did, great placement on the overhead. Nice work. It would be cool to see one in real time - but can you imagine the upload time on what... probably a 750MB video (if you kept any quality to it)

Just from randomly watching nhra vids on youtube. The name of the person that posted it is on the upper right: jkstang78

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a beotch youtuber?
Lemme know, I'll help you hold it down.
See you at Pomona bro.:cool:

A top fuel turnaround in the pits today is pretty basic and uneventful. You simply get 2 guys pushing on the rear wing supports and/or the slicks and 1 pulling on the nose wheel dolly in the direction you want the car to go.......:p

Who sings that song "one shot" on the utube video ? Man, that sums up drag racing in one sweet song.

You may want to contact ESPN. They installed the "Pit Cam" in Doug Kalitta's area about 3 years ago and showed the complete turnaround (of course at high speed, but they should have the real time video). Good luck!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back