Troy Buff's bummer (1 Viewer)

DrRocket

Nitro Member
Haven't seen anyone mention this yet, so I thought I'd start a quick thread. Felt really bad for Troy Buff. Apparently, he had no idea he'd red bulbed, and thought they were interviewing him because he'd won.

What a crappy way to find out you've lost, right on national TV no less. I thought he handled it pretty well, considering the circumstances.

seen that, and what I don't understand is, his crew appeared to be already behind him, before the interview started, attending to the car. I would think they would have indicated to him that he lost beforehand !!

Yeah that was a real bummer. He handled it a lot better than I think I would have, given how he found out. Nice to see that team improving.

I was confused on how he didn't know he put the red on. You're not gonna red light in a nitro car without leaving before yellow unless you roll it in a mile deep. I guess he took a stab at it and thought he nailed it?

WTF?

13533207_972634906187737_3157152637020940134_n.jpg

maybe the Led light takes a instant to turn off. They react pretty fast, but perhaps there is still a slight delay ??

Might have jumped vertically out of the beam and dropped back in at the instant the still was captured. Would need frame by frame video to be sure. It's a stretch for an explanation but it happens... He did mention he had "taken an inch" in the interview so he was in deep.

flickered bulb and timed out????
or
staged shallow, flickered bulb, hit go pedal, stage bulb still lit due to 12 inches of roll out????

He sure is one cool cat, wish they would win more rounds just to see his interviews. He said that the turn off worker congratulated him and he never saw Langdon which is why he thought that he had won.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back