Troxel moves on, Ashley to follow. (1 Viewer)

Just Paul

Nitro Member
NHRA.com says the Troxel deal is offical, and also that a new deal with Mike Ashley will be announced on Sunday.

Evan continues to shake up fuel cars!

Downsizing continues at DSR! Should be interesting to see if Coraddi (sp?) is also released to follow Ashley (last name, not first) wherever Evan is going with the FC (including a rumored 2nd car).
I'm hearing rumors that a DSR FC sponsor will move to another make of FC in 2008. Silly season - ya gotta love it! :eek:

It appears that one empire is crumbling while another one is being built doesn't it? In addition, there's a couple of big TF teams heading into winter without major backing for next year. But this is nothing knew as it happends ever year.

One of these years about this time in the season the whole sport will be in for a rude awakening, a day of reconning! They need to get the costs under control. But there's lots of fuel cars at Vegas so no worries mate.

Again Thank You Evan:) Keeping Melanie and Mr. Hogan together is fantastic. Now, I'm waiting for the First (mike) Ashley vs Ashley (force) race at the Winternationals in Feburary:D

.......It appears that one empire is crumbling.......
no negative comments for mr. schumacher from this corner.
we wouldn't know how to use the word 'empire' if it wasn't for him.
hope he fields team/s for years to come.

great news that melanie will be back next year.

With Hogan under that Umbrella maybe Morgan's car will get a longer fuse. This sport would suck for a lot of people if not for Evan and Forrest.

no negative comments for mr. schumacher from this corner.
we wouldn't know how to use the word 'empire' if it wasn't for him.
hope he fields team/s for years to come.

great news that melanie will be back next year.

Here here! :)
Love him or dislike him the sport is better with Don Schumacher involved I hope he is around for many more years.
I'm glad to see Melanie will be racing next year it should be interesting to see how Hogan does calling all the shots and having 2 cars worth of information.
I know one thing Morgan Lucas's performance will improve and that will be great to see.
I bet you when and if Mike Ashley makes the move the Crew chief will follow the money also.;)
I'm sure Don will like the elbow room this will create and he will fill some of those gaps cause he is a very smart businessman first and foremost!

Glad to see Hogan making the move as well. With the entire team intact this doesn't sound like a bad move.

I think the people at the merch cart even knew this was happening. Most of the stuff on the sale rack at the DSR cart was Melanie Troxel apparel.
Now that she has proven herself, I think Mel will get a ride as long as she wants one.
I wish her luck with the new deal.

I am glad Richard Hogan is moving over, they should hit the ground running with a pretty decent tune-up on the car(s).

Last edited:
Lets be careful. please don't insinuate that I have any issues with DSR because I don't. This is all just the eb and flow of professional racing and the owner made some moves for what I'm sure is a very valid reason.

Last edited:
I would have to assume that future contracts For DSR will be reworded and may make prospective employees and or drivers think a little longer before signing.

Downsizing continues at DSR! Should be interesting to see if Coraddi (sp?) is also released to follow Ashley (last name, not first) wherever Evan is going with the FC (including a rumored 2nd car).
I'm hearing rumors that a DSR FC sponsor will move to another make of FC in 2008. Silly season - ya gotta love it! :eek:

Maybe Coriddi will go to DSR and back to the former Whit Bazemore car where he was before he was sent to Mike Ashley.

Should be interesting. In any case, good luck Mel & Mike.

Who said Ashley was leaving? I read that an announcement was forthcoming. I'd reason that announcement could be that the team is staying put. Ashley seems happy and I'm sure that carries some weight.

I'm also amazed that no one ever thinks Don may want/need to downsize. It's not always an exodus when someone leaves. Sometimes, it's an agreement.

I'm also amazed that no one ever thinks Don may want/need to downsize. It's not always an exodus when someone leaves. Sometimes, it's an agreement.

It seems to me that DSR has been a white knight to a number of teams. Providing associate sponsorship to keep teams afloat until something more permanent comes along. It appears he is willing to spread himself thin to help others.....................and our sport.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back